Sales Email

cofrenchy
Participant

In-line image in email template

SOLVE

Does anyone know if you can insert an image in-text?

I want to include an icon in the body of an email template. Every time I add the image though, it gets inserted on a new line. None of the settings available address its placement (in-text or in-line) and I can't figure out how to make it part of the text. 

For now, I've resorted to just writing out the instruction but it'd be a big improvement to actually show the icon to click.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @cofrenchy 

Looking at the screenshot you are creating a sales email template.

The styling for those is limited, as these are essentially normal emails and not designed HTML marketing emails.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @cofrenchy 

Could you maybe share a screenshot or two of what you are doing?

If you use the normal add image option in the text editor menu, you should see the following options once the image has been added. You can adjust alignment, size and spacing.

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 07.18.39.png

I hope that helps.

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

InboundPro

cofrenchy
Participant

SOLVE

Here's a screenshot. The difference I think is that I'm trying to insert an in-line image in a transactional email template, not a marketing template, so there are fewer options. The only image settings to change that I can see are size and link.

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 8.56.09 AM.png

0 Upvotes
franksteiner79
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @cofrenchy 

Looking at the screenshot you are creating a sales email template.

The styling for those is limited, as these are essentially normal emails and not designed HTML marketing emails.

Frank

Frank Steiner

InboundPro

cofrenchy
Participant

SOLVE

Correct. I called it a transactional email but maybe it's called a sales email in Hubspot. Thanks for clarifying.

That's what I was afraid of though, it sounds like I'm out of luck. I am indeed setting up just a standard text email, but I wanted to add an icon for an instruction to a customer like I do in an email editor (in my case, Gmail). It'd be nice if Hubspot's sales emails could have that base level of options. Adding an in-text image works there, even if it's limited in scope. Maybe it can be an idea for future release 🤞

Thanks for your help. I'll close this out.