IMAP set up is failing (see error message)

Highlighted
New Contributor

Unfortunately the description is not telling me much about why it is not working. Any advice? image.PNG

0 Upvotes
11 Replies 11
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi @pinkeye Can you follow the instructions here to find your email server's iMap and SMTP information

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

I use Apple Mail, Outlook nor do I use Gmail for work. So none of the info is relevant..

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @pinkeye, for Apple Mail follow these instructions: 

1. Click Mail in your Mac's toolbar > Accounts.
2. In the left sidebar, click on the account you'd like to connect to HubSpot.
3. Select Account Information towards the top. 
4. Find the field for Incoming Mail Server. This value is your IMAP server name.
4. Next, find the filed for Outgoing Mail Server. You may need to use the drop-down to select Edit SMTP server list to view the SMTP server name. You can also find your SMTP port here.

After following these instructions do you find that the information provided is the same as what you have input ot HubSpot (as dipicted in your screenshot)?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Typo, I meant to say I dont use Apple Mail

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor | Gold Partner

I have exact the same problem and support couldnt figure it out, so wait for their support to come back. Huspot suggest port 993 but normally it should be 143 I thought. So nothing works

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @AnnicaThorber

Ports 993 and 143 are common, but not all inclusive. If you don't know your ports or if those ports are being rejected, I would recommend reaching out to your IT team to confirm what ports you are working out of. If you continue to have issues after that, can you please send along all of the troubleshooting information requested here.

Thank you,

Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Capture.PNG

Good news is that I have made some progress on connecting the email. Bad news is that its just another error. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @pinkeye could you pleae confirm the email client you are using? 

Could I also ask that you review the below post from @edjusten on one of the common causes for IMAP connection errors. This may or may not be related, I'm still investigating, but as Ed advised it's worth troubleshooting! 

IMAP connection error could be due to two-factor authentication

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @pinkeye@edjusten and I have done somd digging and found that this error indicates that the user (in this case you Smiley Happy) needs to attempt to login again but must select the "Allow non-secure certificate" checkbox under Advanced Settings during login.

Can you try the above and let me know how you get on? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @pinkeye your DM confirmed that this step did not work. I'm triaging this to our engineering team and will keep you posted on this thread. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @pinkeye

I have done some investigating into your connection issue and have found that the most recent error that is populating from your inbox connection is due to too many attempts to login. After too many failed attempts, some servers will put a temporary stop on your attempts to login. That appears to be what is preventing you from connecting at the moment. 

I would recommend a few action steps while we wait for your server to allow you to log back in: 

1. Your email provider will be able to confirm how long you must wait before logging in again. If you do not know who your email provider is, you can use this external tool to find it.

2. Additionally, I would recommend confirming with them the IMAP and SMTP servers and ports, as well as your email address and password. 

Confirming this information will allow for you to (hopefully) connect successfully the pause had ended, but it will also ensure that we have the correct server and port information if further troubleshooting is required. 

Thank you,

Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes