Sales Email

Pano_James

IMAP integration not picking up email responses from existing contacts

SOLVE

Responses via the IMAP email integration (not outlook or Gmail) are not being picked up by our CRM and I am unable to find any sources online that further guide as to what needs changing.

Upon initial testing, I discovered that emails will not be logged for members with the same email domain. I have since tested with outside contacts (pre-existing on the system), and this does not work. Even though it meets all criteria to allow it to be stored in the CRM.

The below article was of use to understand how the collection of data operates in Hubspot:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/do-email-replies-get-recorded-in-the-crm

Please advise what needs to be done in order to set this up for myself and others in our portal.

1 Accepted solution
katja
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@Pano_James,

That's correct: for an email reply to be logged to the CRM, you need to log the original sent email. It should be sent from a connected inbox, and you should ensure that the BCC address is in place so that it logs to the portal correctly.

If the reply to the sent email is still not logged, after ensuring the original email is logged correctly with the BCC address in place, we can help you troubleshoot further with the information Jenny requested above!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
21 Replies 21
SE

SOLVE

Sent you a private message with screenshots. thx

0 Upvotes