Sales Email

Pano_James
メンバー

IMAP integration not picking up email responses from existing contacts

解決

Responses via the IMAP email integration (not outlook or Gmail) are not being picked up by our CRM and I am unable to find any sources online that further guide as to what needs changing.

Upon initial testing, I discovered that emails will not be logged for members with the same email domain. I have since tested with outside contacts (pre-existing on the system), and this does not work. Even though it meets all criteria to allow it to be stored in the CRM.

The below article was of use to understand how the collection of data operates in Hubspot:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/do-email-replies-get-recorded-in-the-crm

Please advise what needs to be done in order to set this up for myself and others in our portal.

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
katja
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

@Pano_James,

That's correct: for an email reply to be logged to the CRM, you need to log the original sent email. It should be sent from a connected inbox, and you should ensure that the BCC address is in place so that it logs to the portal correctly.

If the reply to the sent email is still not logged, after ensuring the original email is logged correctly with the BCC address in place, we can help you troubleshoot further with the information Jenny requested above!

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
21件の返信
jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @Pano_James

Can you please send along the required information at the bottom of this article

A few additional questions: 

1. Are you sending the emails from the CRM or the connected inbox? If you are sending from the connected inbox, are you using your bcc address (you will need to use this to log emails you are sending from outside of HubSpot)? 

2. Who is your email provider and who is your email inbox with? To find out your email provider, you can use this external tool.

2. If you are sending from the CRM can you send me: 

a) screenshots of the contact's timeline with the email you are writing, as well as after you've sent the email and it wasn't logged? 

b) a har file of the emailing process

c) the email header from your sent email (if you are able to access it in your sent folder)

d) the email header from the delivered email 

Here is a resource which outlines how to get email headers.

Please let me know if you have any questions about anything I've listed above. You can send the screenshots and har file to me through a direct message. 

Thank you, 

Jenny

0 いいね!
Pano_James
メンバー

解決

To  jsowyrda:

1. Im sending via an IMAP connected inbox (outlook 2016 software and unrelated to a 365 account). I'm not trying to log 'sent' items, only responses/replys. (a question on this has been raised regarding this on my other reply).

2. a third party: 123-Reg

2. (a-d) N/A, and I'm not going to share any potentially sensitive information.

It appears you are focusing on issues with the CRM not logging 'Sent' items, where I am actually having an issues with reply's. 

0 いいね!
coolioxlr
メンバー

解決

I am facing the same issue. Email sent from hubspot to my personal gmail. Email gets tracked opened but when I reply to the email it didn't get logged.

BCC and Foward works.

0 いいね!
jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @coolioxlr,

Can you please share a specific example where a response that should be brought into HubSpot is not? 

A response to an email that originated in HubSpot should log. If you are seeing something different, please let me know.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 いいね!
katja
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

Hey James,

You're correct - emails will not be logged in the CRM if they are sent between the same email domain. This is to avoid clutter from logging internal communication.

If you log an email to the CRM via your IMAP-connected inbox, we should be able to log the reply to that email as well. Could you clarify a bit on what responses aren't getting through to the CRM, or any other details here?

Thanks!

0 いいね!
Pano_James
メンバー

解決

To katja:

Ok, so can I just confirm what you're saying?

In order for a reply/response to be logged against a contact in the system, you need to first have logged the 'sent' email into the CRM? (I guess by BCC'ing it to the CRM given adress)

To clarify further on what I have done: I sent an email to a contact in the CRM, via the IMAP connected inbox & through an external email manager (outlook 2016 software). They have replied to the email I originally sent. I expected this to appear in the CRM, it did not. 

0 いいね!
katja
解決策
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

解決

@Pano_James,

That's correct: for an email reply to be logged to the CRM, you need to log the original sent email. It should be sent from a connected inbox, and you should ensure that the BCC address is in place so that it logs to the portal correctly.

If the reply to the sent email is still not logged, after ensuring the original email is logged correctly with the BCC address in place, we can help you troubleshoot further with the information Jenny requested above!

0 いいね!
Pano_James
メンバー

解決

Thanks, this is the solution to the problem, however it is a shallow one. 

It makes it somewhat clunky and not giving it the ability to be fully automated will cause the entire IMAP integration option to be a lost and forgotten choice.

Sending emails via Hubspot is not the preferred option as it's not 'immediate' enough and business signatures are an issue.

Simply forwarding the emails we would like to have recorded to the BCC address seems to make more sense at this stage.

0 いいね!
whoseyourdaddy
参加者

解決

Hi Guys,

We are seeing the same issue here. while it's connected, nothing is logged for both in and out. If we still need to use BCC, what is the point of having IMAP integration? @katja @jennysowyrda

It will be good to hvae this working so we can take advantage of the sequences and maybe meeting feature in HubSpot.

0 いいね!
jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

@whoseyourdaddy

The IMAP connection enables you to send emails from within HubSpot and have them show as coming through your connected inbox. If you are sending emails from your inbox, you will still need to use the bcc address. 

Can you send along screenshots if you're sending emails from the crm and they are not going through? 

If the issue is different than what I'm describing above, can you please provide some additional clarity along with screenshots? 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 いいね!
whoseyourdaddy
参加者

解決

Hi @jennysowyrda,

It's not about email is not going through, but it's about having emails sent and received from outlook (connected to CRM via IMAP)  seamlessly. The more seamless it is for sales people the more they will actually use the CRM.

Ok, so if we need to use BCC to send out even though IMAP is hooked up, how about receiving email from contact? Currently we have to keep forwarding it to the BCC forward address, i thought IMAP integration can pick up the email and add it to the timeline and log activity automatically? Or is this is only for direct Office 365/Gmail only?

Thanks.

0 いいね!
jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

@whoseyourdaddy in order for emails to be logged in your portal, they need to have the bcc associated with the email. In order for that to happen the email either has to 1) be sent from within HubSpot, 2) be sent from your connected inbox with a bcc address (if you use the Gmail or Outlook extensions there are options to default to include the bcc address), or 3) be a response to an email that had the bcc address. For inboxes connected through imap, there are currently no native integrations (such as those with gmail and outlook) to allow for the bcc to be auto-populated, so you would need to continue to bcc and/or forward addresses to the emails. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 いいね!
SE
メンバー

解決

I am also having issues with replies logging to my CRM.  I have my O365 email account connected, using the outlook sidekick addin with both Log to CRM and Track checked.  I send email from Outlook for desktop (with the BCC) and all sent emails appear in my CRM.  Replies to those emails do not appear in the CRM.  How can I fix this issue?

0 いいね!
jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @SE

Can you please send along screenshots of sent emails with the bcc address populated in the bcc field, as well as links or names of the corresponding contact records. 

Additionally, if you can please perform a test and send an email (including the bcc address) to an email inbox you have access to (with a different domain than your work email), and see if that email logs on the contact timeline. If you can then send the email headers from both the sent email and received email, that would be great!

Thank you,

Jenny

0 いいね!
jamacoe
参加者

解決

I understand that replies are only logged, if the original sent has been logged. However, now one of my clients (existing HubSpot contact) sends me an outright email to the connected IMAP account, i.e. not a reply, no bcc given and no tracking code, this mail won't appear in HubSpot, correct? 😞

0 いいね!
jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @jamacoe

That is correct.

0 いいね!
communi_lukas
メンバー

解決

Hi, i seem to have the same problem. I set up my external email address sucessfully (lukas[AT]communiapp.de) and it is working fine for outgoing mails.

But if I reply to this mails (sent from the portal, or sent through bcc - I tried both) the answer will not be logged in my CRM. 

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance,

Lukas

0 いいね!
communi_lukas
メンバー

解決

I even tried forwarding my Mails to [myhubspotid]@forward.hubspot.com and the do not show up in my CRM.

0 いいね!
jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

HI @communi_lukas

Did the replies to the emails that the contacts sent to you get logged? The original email will need to be logged in order for the responses to be logged, so if the first email was the contact's reply, then the response will not be logged without adding the bcc address. 

If you can send along screenshots of sending emails with the bcc/forward/from within the crm along with links to the records where the responses should be logging, that would be great! 

Thanks, 
Jenny

0 いいね!
communi_lukas
メンバー

解決

Thanks, no they didn't get logged, even if the inital mail was sent from the CRM. I will sent you some screenshots in a private message. 🙂 Thanks in advance!

0 いいね!