IMAP added successfully, but can't compose an email

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have a personal email account connected to HubSpot, and it looks like I did it successfully: 

Screenshot 2019-11-12 at 15.03.17.png

But when I try to compose an email, I get this:

Screenshot 2019-11-12 at 15.03.34.png

What have I done wrong?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Community Manager

Hi @ScottCoombs,

I am not seeing the inbox referenced marked as connected on the back end. Can you please disable the connection, remove the connection and start again? 

If you get stuck during the connection process, please let us know.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

It would seem, after speaking with a couple of nice Hubspot people, that I can't link a Personal Account using generic IMAP+SMTP to Conversations. I can only use Gmail or Outlook for this configuration, or configure the account as a Shared Inbox.

This is fine with me - however, the set up screens allow me to add a generic IMAP account as a Personal Inbox, and the screens, as I showed above, imply that it is enabled and should be working. If this configuration is not supported, I think I shouldn't be allowed to create this configuration.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @ScottCoombs,

Thank you for sharing the answer with us! I will pass along the feedback in regards to the option showing up when it is not actually possible.

Thank you again!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes