Sales Email

krsyoung
参加者

IMAP Configuration for Office 365 Shared Mailbox

解決

Hi, does anybody have an example of how to configure HubSpot IMAP for an Office 365 shared mailbox?

I've tried a variety of configurations with out success.  This is what I've been using via other mail clients:

Email Address: shared@otherdomain.com

Password: <password for me@domain.com>

Username: me@domain.com/shared

IMAP: outlook.office365.com:993

SMTP: smtp.office365.com

Using this same configuration within HubSpot results in the error: 

Unable to create inbox for this user.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
piotr
解決策
メンバー

解決

Hi, 

I've fixed that by resetting the password to the office shared mailbox and simply processing with the normal login using mailbox credentials. The email account works like a charm.

I hope it helps.

Piotr

元の投稿で解決策を見る

29件の返信
krsyoung
参加者

解決

Hi @jennysowyrda, thanks for helping to get to the bottom of this!

I want to confirm that the IMAP connection settings I'm using are correct.  For example, the Android Email app is working to send/receive without issue.   As a test, I just used the same IMAP settings to set-up an Apple Mail client and they worked without issue.  The problem is definitely somewhere in the HubSpot backend (I use the same settings in HubSpot and I get the various errors above).

Is it possible the username value is being parsed incorrectly in HubSpot (as it is a little weird to have the "/" in it?)

Looking forward to this being resolved.

krsyoung
参加者

解決

Hi @jennysowyrda, is there any way I can get in touch with support directly?  Our sales are ramping up and it is very painful that this IMAP integration isn't working!

Thanks for your help,

-Chris

0 いいね!
jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @krsyoung

I apologize for the delay in responding! 

I am in the midst of communicating with the team regarding your inquiry and they are actively investigating it on their end. I have not heard back with next steps, but once I have I will reach out with those. 

As you are a Sales Pro user you do have access to HubSpot Support

Thank you,
Jenny

0 いいね!
krsyoung
参加者

解決

Hi @jennysowyrda, any update on your side?

0 いいね!
jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @krsyoung

Thanks for reaching out! I am still working with the developers regarding this matter and awaiting next steps from them. Once I have any update, I will reach out. 

Thank you, 
Jenny

0 いいね!
pgonzalez71
メンバー

解決

Looks like the resolution to this problem has stalled.  My team uses a shared inbox to manage quote requests and interact with customers.  It will be great if HubSpot will work with a Office 365 shared mailbox.

Ricorocks
メンバー

解決

Hi

Just wondering if this was fixed or there was a specific route to getting it to work? I'm having difficulty connecting with a shared mailbox through IMAP.

Thanks!

R

Artur
メンバー

解決

Intergation with shared inbox in Office 365 will not work, a solution is to purchase another licence of Microsoft Exchange for 3.4 Eur/month per mailbox and problem solved.

krsyoung
参加者

解決

Thanks for the suggestion @Artur however it will not work for our company.

I have multiple mail clients integrated with shared mailboxes through IMAP so I'm hoping one of the engineers at HubSpot can debug whatever little change is needed to make it work.