Sales Email

KnightsbridgeEA
Membro

I need to specify a different username in my IMAP setup

resolver

Good evening.

I am trying to setup imap for our hubspot. However there does not appear to be an option to specify the username. 

The username is different to the e-mail address as the e-mail is stored on our inhouse Exchange Server (version 2007).

Anyone have any ideas as to how I can resolve this?

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
jennysowyrda
Solução
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

@cran2k @KnightsbridgeEA you will need to have your email address as opposed to your username in order to connect your inbox. Inputting your email address allows HubSpot to directly contact your email server in order to get access to your inbox (as opposed to your account, which is what your username will give you access to). For IMAP and SMTP connections, it is standard protocol to make this connection through an email address and password combination. 

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
5 Respostas 5
cran2k
Membro

resolver

I have the same issue. The problem is that using IMAP as a choice, there is no option to put in username. It assumes the username is the email address. In our case the email address is NOT the username. Is there a way to be asked the username and password for the IMAP account?

0 Avaliação positiva
jennysowyrda
Solução
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

@cran2k @KnightsbridgeEA you will need to have your email address as opposed to your username in order to connect your inbox. Inputting your email address allows HubSpot to directly contact your email server in order to get access to your inbox (as opposed to your account, which is what your username will give you access to). For IMAP and SMTP connections, it is standard protocol to make this connection through an email address and password combination. 

0 Avaliação positiva
whoseyourdaddy
Participante

resolver

The problem with HubSpot IMAP setup is it assumes ALL systems with IMAP are using email as username but this is not true for exchange system (our's running exchange 2010). 

Exchange method of validation for username is "username" not "email address". in Active directory it will be "DOMAIN\Username". 

Our IMAP works for systems that support username authentication instead for email. If this can be fixed, it will be much appreciated and probably put a disclaimer in IMAP connectio that it does not yet support hosted exchange system ??

IF this has been corrected, please DO let me know as our team will greatly benefit from the integration.

0 Avaliação positiva
mwhite051
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

You can connect an email account that is different than the user name you use to sign in, but the email address of the account that you're trying to connect should be entered here:

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 11.44.03 AM.png

I'm not sure what you mean that your email address is different than the username, can you clarify?

0 Avaliação positiva
pbergeron
Participante

resolver

OP probably means that his email address is: 

joe.something@somewhere.com

but the username on the imap server is:

joseph

0 Avaliação positiva