Sales Email

PFinder
Participant

I need to attached an inbound email from an generic email address to a Contact

Hi

I hope you can  help?

We receive emails from our various web sites from customers who are ordering or enquiring about services and we want to tag or attach these emails to the customer contact record in hubspot . This cannot be done by email addres as the inbound emails all come from the same source an internal company email address.  Is there some simple way to do this, we are using Outlook 365 on teh desk top and have installed the Hub Spot Sales add in.

Thanks

Paul

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
jolle
Recognized Expert | Partner
Recognized Expert | Partner

Hey @PFinder, thanks for reaching out!

HubSpot attributes all tracked activities based on the email address. If you want activities or data attached to a specific contact record in HubSpot, it needs to be attached to their specific email address.

I'm not sure what your current setup is or what level of HubSpot you have, but it sounds like you have a support email address that you're instructing customers to email. You could:

• Connect the support email address to HubSpot as a shared email address (or create a separate HubSpot user for each support email address and connect their inbox)
  • Run all customer inquries through HubSpot (i.e., HubSpot forms, HubSpot chatbot) instead of direct emails
    • Maybe you could add support forms/chatbots to the other websites to directly capture that info in HubSpot (and you could still send internal notification emails as needed)

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
PFinder
Participant

Hi Jacob

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions.  Unfortunately all orders from the websites arive at our orders@ email and only containm the customer email address within the body of the received email. It is highley unlikey that we will change this in the short term. The CRMs I have worked with in the past allow you to manually attach or tag and inbound email to existing contact within the CRM, I am surprised HubSpot dosent appear to allow this.

0 Upvotes