I'm having trouble syncing email.

New Contributor

Follow the picture so you can help me.

ERRO.jpg

Input ports 143 (imap.dmx-automacao.com.br)
Output ports 587 (smtp.dmx-automacao.com.br)
This setup works in Outlook.

Thank you.

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Community Manager

Hey @marcel!

To connect your inbox to HubSpot, your email server must support IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) and SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol). Below you'll find the requirements for connecting your inbox using IMAP.

This article has technical resources and definitions meant for your IT team or your email administrator. If your email server is not currently set up for IMAP, please work with your IT administrator to make sure your inbox is configured correctly.

Technical requirements for connecting your inbox to HubSpot using IMAP

If you are still seeing an error message after reviewing the set up instructions and technical requirements outlined in the article above, let me know on this thread and I will troubleshoot further with the HubSpot Support team. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hello - I also have the same problem with generic email account hosted on a dedicated server. I have been all through the technical sheet. I have checked that all ports are available on our server but is there some more technical information you can assist us with please?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hey @NevP could you please share details of exactly where in the setup process you are hitting a roadblock. Could you also - if possible - share details of any error messages you are seeing.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hello Roisin,

On my Email Integrations page > Personal Inbox

The message reads:

Disabled:Hubspot cannot access your inbox. Please reconnect your email account

When I click Reconnect inbox, I go back to the same message.

I have tries all variations of port numbers - some that give other reasons for not connecting.

This is most hopeful but just cannot 'connect'.

Please can you help

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Roisin - Further information as follows:

Input ports 143 (imap.optida.co.uk)
Output ports 587 (smtp.optida.co.uk)
Error message reads: Cannot access inbox. Check host name and port settings for your inbox connection.

Outlook uses 143 and 25 without issues

Input ports 993 (imap.optida.co.uk)
Output ports 4656 (smtp.optida.co.uk)
Error message reads: Cannot access inbox 

These settings

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks for all this information @NevP  I am going to work with our developers regarding this matter to ensure that this issue is resolved for you. So that I can proceed with troubleshooting, can you please send myself and @roisinkirby the following information through a private message. 

1. You HUB ID- find out how to access this here

1. 2. A screenshot that shows a) all fields populated and b) the 'Allow non-secure certificate' box checked 

1. Confirmation of the email address you are trying to connect. 

1. A HAR File - please follow these instructions on how to generate a HAR file. 

Without all of the above we will be unable to troubleshoot the error in your account further with our engineers,  so please ensure all of the above details are provided. Let me know if you have any trouble accessing this information.

When we have all of the above, we will submit these details to engineering and keep you posted with updates via private message. Stay tuned to this thread for further troubleshooting tips. 

0 Upvotes