I integrated IMAP, yet emails sent and received from my server are not logged in CRM

New Contributor

Hello guys,

I integrated IMAP and everything seems to be working when I send emails from the Hubspot CRM.

Yet, when I send emails from my mail app (or receive some from there) - emails that include contacts logged in the CRM - they are not logged in the CRM. 

Does the IMAP integration only serve to send email from hubspot.com ? and it does not log in emails automatically?

Thanks everyone

Bertrand

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Community Manager

Hi @btbzn

The IMAP connection allows you to send emails from within the CRM and have them come from your email address (and email server), as well as have responses to those emails logged in the CRM. 

However, the IMAP connection will not automatically log all emails to and from those contacts in the CRM. If you want emails logged that you are sending from your email inbox, you'll want to add the bcc address to the emails you are sending out. 

Thank you,

Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Fantastic ! Thank you @jennysowyrda

What happens if I bcc an email that I send to someone that is not logged in hubspot CRM ? Is the email automatically added to Hubspot and new contact created ?

Should i forward every single responses as well ?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @btbzn

If you send an email to someone who is not a contact in your portal yet, then HubSpot will create a contact record for them in your portal. 

As for forwarding responses, that will depend on your business needs and how much information you want logged on the contact's timeline. You will find a balance of forwarding emails that are relevent to the contact's record in your CRM vs. sending along emails that clutter up their timeline. 

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes