Sales Email

VDown

I can't add my forwarding address to my email account

SOLVE

Hi, 

I want to set up my email on HubSpot and the instructions say to copy the forward address to my email account but my email account is set up on my MacBook mail app where I don't see the option of a forwarding address. 

Please advise and TIA

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @VDown! Please let me know if this doesn't help. I may not be understanding your question correctly. Please let me know what help guide you are reading and please send screenshots if you can.

From Mac Mail (or Outlook, or any email app), when you receive an email from a Contact who you want to track in Hubspot, you can forward that email to your Hubspot account by putting your Hubspot forwarding email in the To: line of the email.

Here I am showing that I received, in Outlook, an email from a Contact. I will forward that email and add my Hubspot forwarding address to the To: line. Hubspot will sift through this email to the Original Sender's information in order to attach this email to the correct Contact record. Or it will create a Contact record if one does not exist. This is how the Forwarding Email Address works. 

Crystal_Hopper_0-1664570506929.png

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @VDown! Please let me know if this doesn't help. I may not be understanding your question correctly. Please let me know what help guide you are reading and please send screenshots if you can.

From Mac Mail (or Outlook, or any email app), when you receive an email from a Contact who you want to track in Hubspot, you can forward that email to your Hubspot account by putting your Hubspot forwarding email in the To: line of the email.

Here I am showing that I received, in Outlook, an email from a Contact. I will forward that email and add my Hubspot forwarding address to the To: line. Hubspot will sift through this email to the Original Sender's information in order to attach this email to the correct Contact record. Or it will create a Contact record if one does not exist. This is how the Forwarding Email Address works. 

Crystal_Hopper_0-1664570506929.png

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.