Sales Email

JaniEklund

Hubspot doesn't track incoming e-mails to acitivty log

SOLVE

I have installed the Hubspot sales tool into our e-mail system Outlook. When a person who is on my Hubspot contact list sends me an e-mail, the e-mail is not tracked by Hubspot. I cannot find anything regarding this incoming e-mail in my Hubspot under the contact who sent me the e-mail. How could I get Hubspot to track all e-mails coming in from my Contacts?

1 Accepted solution
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JaniEklund,

Thanks for reaching out!

With the personal inbox connected to the sales email tool, only emails sent from that inbox to a contact and replies to that email in the same thread would be logged on a contact's record and tracked if you select the tracking option. 

If you would like to log incoming emails onto an existing contact's record or create a new record, you can use the forwarding address feature that allows you to log replies onto a contact's record: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address#use-...

Best,

Kristen 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JaniEklund,

Thanks for reaching out!

With the personal inbox connected to the sales email tool, only emails sent from that inbox to a contact and replies to that email in the same thread would be logged on a contact's record and tracked if you select the tracking option. 

If you would like to log incoming emails onto an existing contact's record or create a new record, you can use the forwarding address feature that allows you to log replies onto a contact's record: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address#use-...

Best,

Kristen 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !