Sales Email

NGC-224
Stratege/Strategin

Hubspot disconnected my Inbox - cannot reconnect as correct email/password not recognized

lösung

When I tried to send an email today I got an error: inbox disconnected.

I did not disconnect my inbox.

So I clicked reconnect, entered password and email address, and got another error:

"Unauthorized"

I tried both the Hubspot password and the password of my email account.

Why did it disconnect in the first place. How can I reconnect if the system does not recognize my password and email.

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
NGC-224
Lösung
Stratege/Strategin

Hubspot disconnected my Inbox - cannot reconnect as correct email/password not recognized

lösung

Problem solved.

One detail that is missed in the Hubspot instructions is that you cannot put in your regular password to connect to gmail.

You need an "app password".

This is how to create an app password: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

It obviously has to do with the more complex nature of gmail, especially if it is part of Google Apps or, what it's called now, Gmail Suite.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
3 Antworten
NGC-224
Lösung
Stratege/Strategin

lösung

Problem solved.

One detail that is missed in the Hubspot instructions is that you cannot put in your regular password to connect to gmail.

You need an "app password".

This is how to create an app password: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

It obviously has to do with the more complex nature of gmail, especially if it is part of Google Apps or, what it's called now, Gmail Suite.

0 Upvotes
gaslaughter
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

Glad to hear you were able to make the connection!

- Gyasi

0 Upvotes
NGC-224
Stratege/Strategin

lösung

Thank you, Gyasi!

0 Upvotes