Sales Email

redbike34

Hubspot Tracking email opens when I review my sent emails in outlook

SOLVE

hello,

I am using outlook and google chrome. I noticed that when I go back to review my sent emails, when i click on one, hubspot tracks it as the end user opened my email. I already chatted with someone who pointed me in the direction of the knowledge base. I also already allowed cookies on Chrome, and this is still happening. anyone have a solution?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @redbike34

You can block self-open email notifications by following these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/block-self-open-notifications-with-the-hubspot-sales-ou...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
danielajk

SOLVE

Thanks! @karstenkoehler 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @redbike34

You can block self-open email notifications by following these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/block-self-open-notifications-with-the-hubspot-sales-ou...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

danielajk

SOLVE

@karstenkoehlerRegarding the self-open email blocking options. This does not work on mobile and mobile data, right? Only if you have the sales add-in in your desktop outlook and/or blocked static IP addresses on desktop? I am able to block my self-opens when I am connected to Wifi on my mobile but once I access/click on my own sent e-mails when on mobile data, it will always track my e-mail open and associate it to the contact/deal, etc.

Thanks

Daniela

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @danielajk,

Correct, this requires the add-in / extension – this solution does not extend to mobile devices, unfortunately.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes