Sales Email

councilsearch
Membre

Hubspot Document Viewer does not render PDF content on Iphone

The Hubspot Document viewer does not render the PDF content on an IPhone 11 or Iphone 12. I've tried both Safari and Firefox with Incognito mode. It starts to load the single page PDF and then goes to grey (picture attached). I can get it to work on two different types of Android phones. Seems like a bug in the Hubspot Document Viewer

Image.pngImage.png

19 Réponses
durkishdelights
Membre

I am also experiencing this issue. Please help. I've tried everything suggested.

0 Votes
kvlschaefer
Gestionnaire de communauté

Hi @durkishdelights,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

Do you mind letting us know what version you are currently using on your iPhone? 

Are you using Chrome when you view the document on your mobile? 

I would like to ask if it's possible to test on Chrome on your mobile and see if this behavior still happens. 

Can you also let us know if this issue persists after downloading the image and clicking in - or + to zoom the image?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
durkishdelights
Membre

I’m on a 13 mini running iOS 16.2. Why do you ask?
0 Votes
kvlschaefer

Hi @durkishdelights,

It's my understanding that you're running into the same issue as the other community members in the thread, correct? 

Asking for your iOS version is part of the troubleshooting process. 🙂 

Are you using Chrome when you view the document on your mobile? 

I would also like to ask if it's possible to test on Chrome on your mobile and see if this behavior still happens. 

Can you also let us know if this issue persists after downloading the image and clicking in - or + to zoom the image?

Thank you,
Kristen

0 Votes
Alyssa_S
Membre

I'm new to hubspot, so bear with me. I'm trying to create an email template, in which I would like to attach a PDF. It's a large PDF, but I've compressed it to both 8mb and 2mb- and I'm having this problem no matter the size:

the hubspot PDF viewer will NOT render the pdf on mobile (just iPhone?)

I've tested out every option imaginable and I've tried different phones, and all that happens when clicking the link in the email is it acts like it's loading then goes blank. 

7C14C8CD-E50E-4F79-A709-1ECAFF027389.png

You can only view the pdf on mobile if you download it, which is not cool. I don't want potential customers to be forced to download something. 

anyone else having this issue? What gives? I'm very new to hubspot and I'm already thinking of just quitting and finding something else.

kvlschaefer

Hi @Alyssa_S,

Welcome to the Community! 

Thank you for sharing this information and screenshot with us.

Do you mind letting us know what version you are currently using on your iPhone? 

When you view the document on your mobile, are you using Chrome?

I would like to ask if it's possible to test on chrome on your mobile and see if this behavior still happens.

If so, could you please send a direct message to me with the link of the document?

Thank you!

Kristen

Alyssa_S
Membre

Hey Kristen!

I’m on an iPhone 13 pro with version 15.4.1 software. I’ve tried opening in chrome and also safari. I’ve even tried it on my husbands phone (same type of phone) to no avail. I’m new to all this, so any advice you have will help. I hope I’m responding correctly. Here’s a link I copied from the documents section.

I originally saved it as a PDF from the Procreate app, I’ve also tried saving it in PDF form as a pages document as well as on adobe acrobat.

Alyssa

kvlschaefer

Hi @Alyssa_S,

Thanks for providing us with the steps you've taken so far! I removed the link to your portal for security reasons since this a public forum. 🙂

Does this issue persist after downloading the image and clicking in - or + to zoom the image?

Best,

Kristen

0 Votes
councilsearch
Membre

Thanks for replying. I've sent you a DM

0 Votes
PamCotton

Hello @councilsearch,

I was able to investigate more and test with an iPhone 11 and I was able to load the document while "download" and clicking to zoom and not zoom the image.

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 2.19.10 PM.png

Are you able to please check by downloading the image and clicking in - or + to zoom the image?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

0 Votes
PamCotton

Hello @councilsearch,

Thank you for sharing this information with us!

And when you log in android you are using chrome? I would ask if it's possible to test on chrome on your mobile and see if this behavior still happens. If so, could you please send a direct message to me with the link of the document?

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

0 Votes
c_conant
Participant

Hi @PamCotton!

Hoping to resurface this issue. I am still experiencing issues with PDFs loading from the Document Viewer. Below is information that may be helpful...

Details

- iOS version: 15.3.1

- Confirmed the issue in Safari

- Confirmed the issue in Chrome

Description

When loading PDFs in the Document Viewer the PDF loads briefly, but then disappears. All other actions within the viewer appear to behave as expected.

One thing to note is that zooming out (only need to zoom out once) appears to resolve the issue.

Feel free to send me a DM if you'd like additional context (screenshots, screencast, etc.).

Thanks!

Chris

Sammonzer
Membre

Make sure your document size is 1920px x 1080px. Make sure to export it as an Interactive PDF. Problem solved!

Sam,

0 Votes
CConant_Raka
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Hey @PamCotton checking to see if there have been any updates on this issue. It is concerning that the issue has been present for as long as it has without a resolution. It is becoming difficult to promote the documents tool if it isn't supported across devices.

Sammonzer
Membre

There was a significant problem with viewing PDF documents on an iPhone or any phone, I guess; here is the solution:

Make sure your document size is 1920px x 1080px. Make sure to export it as an Interactive PDF. Problem solved!

Sam,

0 Votes
durkishdelights
Membre

Oh big facts here. So I got it to work but only after reducing the file size. Not efficient.
0 Votes
KFloyd
Participant

I'm glad someone is bringing this up again. I'm experiencing this issue, too. I'm only noticing it while in Chrome on my PC. I don't have the issue on other browsers or iOS. The front page image on the PDF will not load. However, the image does appear once you download the file. I also haven't been able to resolve the issue with the zoom tool. 

Thanks, 

Katie

0 Votes
Sammonzer
Membre

RSchweighart
Contributeur de premier rang

Resizing worked for me. Thank you, @Sammonzer. I resized the PDF to 8.5"x15" which keeps the 1080x1920 aspect ratio. Here's what I did in Mac Preview after going to File > Print:

GIF Recording 2024-02-28 at 9.48.12 AM.gif

Thank you,

Ryan Schweighart

Whole Hart Impact, LLC

I help businesses with HubSpot and Zapier.

0 Votes