HubSpot still tracks mails after deactivating tracking

Anna_fw

Hey everyone,

I am sorry if this question has be asked before, but I have the following problem:

We use the free CRM at our company and added the email add-in to our Outlook 365.
After a while we realized that hubspot tracked every email and their contents  which we didn't want. Consequentially, we removed the add-in and deactivated tracking in total.
YET there are still some emails (and contents) that are being tracked and I don't know how to stop this.

Does anyone have a solution?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
OliviaRoberts
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Anna_fw!

To confirm, are you still seeing emails logged to HubSpot or are you seeing email tracking unexpectedly? If there are any screenshots or examples you can provide of what you are seeing on your end, I'd be happy to take a look for you!

Best,

Olivia 

0 Upvotes
Anna_fw

Hi @OliviaRoberts,

I think it is both.

In case one Employee 1 sent an email (which she didn't log) to a client and put Employee 2 in CC. But when Employee 2 received the email HubSpot automaically logged it for some reason.

Anmerkung 2020-03-09 101417.png

In case two, Hubspot tracked an email (and its content) even though at this point tracking was already deactivated.

Anmerkung 2020-03-09 101402.png

Hope this makes sense and thank you,
Anna 

0 Upvotes
OliviaRoberts
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Anna_fw, thanks for providing those screenshots!

Looking at the images provided, it looks as though these emails are apart of an existing email thread. If the original email sent out in this email thread was logged to HubSpot, then any following emails sent within the thread, would also log to HubSpot.

Even if the original logged email was deleted from HubSpot, any responses to the logged email would cause for these emails to log. Can you confirm if this seems to be what you are experiencing?

Best,

Olivia 

0 Upvotes