Sales Email

EmmaUTS
Mitglied

HubSpot MX records / email connection help

Hi - hope someone can help. 

I'm trying to get all emails for all email addresses @ourdomain going in and out of HubSpot. I was trying to connect a Team Inbox and followed the HubSpot instructions, selecting 'Other' for the email provider. However, the instructions say to set up a forwarding address within the mail client settings. This isn't an option in mine and when I contacted the Provider for help, they said: 

"Unfortunately we don't support email forwarding due to potential spamming.
If you wish to have your emails hosted via Hubspot, if you could please supply the MX records we can alter these of you."

Is it possible to get/supply MX records? Where and how would I do this? 
0 Upvotes
2 Antworten
TiphaineCuisset
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @EmmaUTS 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I've reached out to the team regarding this and I'll let you know as soon as I have news. 

Thank you, 

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @EmmaUTS 

Thank you for your patience on this, I have an update from the team. 

This is not something we will do, but also not something that would aid the conversations setup.

If your email provider does not have the facility to forward incoming emails to the HubSpot hosted email address, then you will not be able to use conversations to receive emails from your external address. That said, your customers could still directly send emails to the HubSpot-hosted email address, which will then show in the conversations inbox.

Thank you

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes