Sales Email

Ivanmili

How to stop a sequence if contacts click a link in the email

SOLVE

When creating a sequence, I know that you can stop a sequence if contacts reply or book a meeting.

Is there a way to unenroll or stop the sequence for contacts who click a link in the email? 

I am creating a sequence to get an NPS rating from our customers. The goal is to continue sending follow-up emails until contacts click the NPS survey link and answer the survey. 

1 Accepted solution
willsmith
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hello @Ivanmili 

Currently, there is no way to automatically unenroll someone from a sequence after clicking a link that is not a meeting link. Sequences are designed to stop once a contact replies or books a meeting with you via a HubSpot meeting link. 

Otherwise, you would need to manually unenroll a contact once the survey is complete. 

For specific actions (like clicking a non-meeting link), you may wish to consider converting your sequence into a workflow. If set up properly, once the contact completes the survey, they will no longer get emails reminding them to take the survey. A workflow could save you time and headaches in the long run. 

I hope this helps. 

-Will

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Barry2

SOLVE

Curious if Hubspot has updated this function since the post in 2019"?

willsmith
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @Ivanmili 

Currently, there is no way to automatically unenroll someone from a sequence after clicking a link that is not a meeting link. Sequences are designed to stop once a contact replies or books a meeting with you via a HubSpot meeting link. 

Otherwise, you would need to manually unenroll a contact once the survey is complete. 

For specific actions (like clicking a non-meeting link), you may wish to consider converting your sequence into a workflow. If set up properly, once the contact completes the survey, they will no longer get emails reminding them to take the survey. A workflow could save you time and headaches in the long run. 

I hope this helps. 

-Will