Sales Email

fekaiki

How to set who a sequence comes from?

SOLVE

I just built a sequence in Hubspot, but I dont want it to be sent from my email I want it to be sent from my colleague's email. 

I can't see where I can do this? I am set as the owner

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @fekaiki,

Sequences cannot be sent on behalf of someone else. These emails are being sent from the connected personal inbox of a user – and HubSpot can't let you send communication from another person's  inbox.

If you want this email sent from a colleague's email, they would have to enroll contacts into your sequence.

You can however send marketing emails from a contact's owner in the Marketing Hub: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/how-do-i-make-an-email-appear-as-coming-from-a-hubspot-owner

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
kaious
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@MA2 Yes – you have understood that correctly

MA2
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
btuttle279
Contributor

SOLVE

Agree as well - we have a work flow to assign the contact owner, its crazy we have to add another workflow step to every workflow we want a sequence used that picks what rep to send it from. Why cant we just have the workflow step be, send the selected sequence from the contact owner? It would save a lot of time not having to do an if/then branch everytime we use the sequence function in workflows.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @fekaiki,

Sequences cannot be sent on behalf of someone else. These emails are being sent from the connected personal inbox of a user – and HubSpot can't let you send communication from another person's  inbox.

If you want this email sent from a colleague's email, they would have to enroll contacts into your sequence.

You can however send marketing emails from a contact's owner in the Marketing Hub: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/how-do-i-make-an-email-appear-as-coming-from-a-hubspot-owner

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DCosta91
Participant

SOLVE

Really wish this function was available in HubSpot many other CRMs allow you to send sequences on behalf of another user. 

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @DCosta91,

Thank you for your Product Feedback!

I have found this similar idea already submitted: "Setting up sequences for other users".

I'd recommend supporting the Idea with an upvote and explaining your use case in the comments.

Our product team uses that forum to collect ideas on how we can improve the product for our customers.

Product pays particular attention to the top voted ideas & takes them into consideration along with other feedback channels as well as their own vision to understand what features will be most valuable.

Thank you and have a great day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
MA2
Participant

SOLVE

Based on what you mentioned "If you want this email sent from a colleague's email, they would have to enroll contacts into your sequence." can you please confirm that if I create a sequence, however my colleague enrolls contacts, then it will be sent from their email not mine?

NNader

SOLVE

Can we get a reason from Hubspot admins on why this isnt a feature?

We need to be able to send templated emails from a Contact's Owner within a sequence for obvious reasons. Why would a CRM tool not be able to send emails from a Sales member's email address?

Please advise on how to send emails from another user's address within a sequence.

kaious
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Agree - yet another basic feature of the sequences tool that is missing. There is absolutely no technical reason why HubSpot couldn't send a sequence through another user's connected mail account.