Sales Email

Stephan7
Participant

How to "unbounce" a valid e-mail address

SOLVE

Dear Hubspot and Hubspot community,

Can anyone here explain, how I can unbounce a contact with a valid e-mail? The Hubspot help article sadly wasn't helpful at all for this issue. We have mails that have hard bounced but for normal mails through Gmail for example the is no issue. So what do I have to do to unbounce that contact? A video or any step by step expanaition would help a lot.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards

Stephan

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Stephan7,

Contact can only be uncounced on a Marketing Hub or CMS Hub Professional or Enterprise subscription (see "Applies to" box) – which subscription level are you on?

(If you're using the free or Starter tools: Don't shoot the messenger. This is a feature and pricing decision made by HubSpot.)

Without a Professional or Enterprise subscription, your options are limited to prevention of hard bounces. No having seen the hard bounce reason, it's hard to tell, but in any case I'd recommend checking if you have connected your email domain::

Connect your email sending domain

Use a DMARC policy with HubSpot

Connecting your email sending domain and setting up a DMARC policy increases the trustworthiness of your emails. It might reduce the number of policy-related hard bounces.

(If you are indeed already on a Professional or Enterprise subscription, have you checked whether the bounces were global bounces? These are hard bounces for a permanent reason across three or more HubSpot accounts. Global bounces are dropped from future emails across all HubSpot accounts. You would have to request an unbounce from HubSpot support.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Stephan7
Participant

SOLVE

Okay dann sieht es so aus als kann ich nichts machen... Schade. Wir haben aktuell nur den Starter. Danke dir trotzdem für die Hilfe und schnelle Antwort 🙂 @karstenkoehler 

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Stephan7,

Contact can only be uncounced on a Marketing Hub or CMS Hub Professional or Enterprise subscription (see "Applies to" box) – which subscription level are you on?

(If you're using the free or Starter tools: Don't shoot the messenger. This is a feature and pricing decision made by HubSpot.)

Without a Professional or Enterprise subscription, your options are limited to prevention of hard bounces. No having seen the hard bounce reason, it's hard to tell, but in any case I'd recommend checking if you have connected your email domain::

Connect your email sending domain

Use a DMARC policy with HubSpot

Connecting your email sending domain and setting up a DMARC policy increases the trustworthiness of your emails. It might reduce the number of policy-related hard bounces.

(If you are indeed already on a Professional or Enterprise subscription, have you checked whether the bounces were global bounces? These are hard bounces for a permanent reason across three or more HubSpot accounts. Global bounces are dropped from future emails across all HubSpot accounts. You would have to request an unbounce from HubSpot support.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.