Sales Email

ankit_hs

How to manage a contact with multiple deals?

SOLVE

We are a travel agency. Often, contacts who have already travelled with us want to travel again i.e. a deal had already been created with their contact and a new deal has to be created. Any new communication we do on the newer deal with the customer gets automatically logged in the previous deal as well which is something we do not want. Is there a way to stop from activities being logged in the previous deal? Alternatively, is there a way to close a deal so that no new activities be logged in that deal?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ankit_hs

This article describes how activity assocaition works: How do I associate an activity with a specific contact, company, or deal record?

If you send emails through the CRM, you can select which deals they are associated with. 

If sending externally, you can go into HubSpot and edit the records to remove some deals. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @ankit_hs

This article describes how activity assocaition works: How do I associate an activity with a specific contact, company, or deal record?

If you send emails through the CRM, you can select which deals they are associated with. 

If sending externally, you can go into HubSpot and edit the records to remove some deals. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
nomadgcs
Participant

SOLVE

Phil,

Thanks for this clarification.  If I understand this correctly, the only way to associate a contacts email to a specific deal is if you go into Hubspot and email them directly out of Hubspot or if you go in and manually associate it?

Are there any work arounds when using the Outlook extension?  Previously I used Dynamics CRM.  Lots I didn't like.  But the one item I did like was that I had a dropdown list of my top 10 or so Deals/Opportunities in the ribbon header that I could go up to and select.  Or if it wasn't one of those top ten then I could quickly search within that dropdown and associate it to the Deals/Opportunity.  This was extremely helpful because I have worldwide representatives who are  working on many Deals at the same time and I want the Deal activities to stay separate.  Similar to this, I don't want ALL the activity for the contact on all of the Deals they are associated with.  Would just love some native dropdown to manage Deal email associations.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Upvotes