How to know if/when a customer has contacted us?

MiguelR
Participant

Hi there, 

I'm trying to figure out if a user has contacted us, that means, has sent an email to our shared inbox (typically info@). The main goal is to set a contact property with this date, but a Yes/No value would be fine.

Typically I would like a property such as "Last contact date from user".

I've checked Last activity Date & filtering by Activity type (Reply from contact) but this is not working for the purpose.

Any suggestion? Thanks!!

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @MiguelR,

Most of the contact properties that refer to activity dates, etc. will revolve around the last time you reached out to a customer. The only inbox feature that will pull in all emails that you receive is the Conversations tool.

If you are tracking and logging all of your emails to your contacts, the best contact property to look at would be recent sales email reply date, as that will reflect the date a contact replies to a logged email.

If you can share a bit more around your end goal in tracking email responses within HubSpot, how you are using the CRM, and your business goals, I am happy to continue the conversation around how we can help you get the information you need.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
MiguelR
Participant

Hi @jennysowyrda,

Thank you for your help! Much appreciated!

We have a big base of registered users on our website that use our services. 

In order to use our services, there is no need to contact us, it is almost self-explainable.

Some of them contact us at info@ or to any of our Sales Team Members. This is done via the Conversations tool

We want to keep track of those users that contacted us and obtain information of "when" they have contacted us. So we can know if our actions (marketing, published weekly reports, etc) lead them to contact us (not only open/click ratios).  

This information is not about "how many" people contact us (this is Conversation Session value, if not mistaken), but "when" each individual user contacts us. This is in order to know if they contact us "before" or "after" any specific action.

Thanks for the tip about "Recent Sales Email Reply Date" this helps on the part of Sales Team, which is very useful. 

I've checked and it seems this property doesn't track info@ email address, but only Sales team email addresses. So we still need to know "when" users who contact info@.

Maybe there is a way to consider info@ as a Sales team member so it also keeps track of it?

Best,

Miguel

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @MiguelR,

You could add the info@ email address as a user in your portal and connect the inbox; that would allow some additional functionalities (such as replies to emails you send that are logged) to be logged to the contacts timeline. 

@dan_sitton and @Daniel-Attentiv do you have any suggestions for improving @MiguelR's workflow?

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
MiguelR
Participant

Hi there!

For some reason my reply was not posted 😞

In fact, we already have info@ as a user for Marketing emails, Customer Support uses it to communicate with customers through Conversations tool too. 

They way info@ is used by CS is from a connected shared inbox via Hosted Mail, they send and receive emails to/from this address to the customer. 

Conversations to info@ are logged onto the user's contact record, but they do not appear as "Sales activity".

CS Team makes login with their own user account although the send mails "From" info@

May I understand if your suggestion is to use info@ as the login user?

0 Upvotes
ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

Hi @MiguelR

We have a solution might help you that ingests all the emails from your team accounts (including non connected inboxes and shared email addresses) and automatially logs them with your HubSpot contacts. This would mean that if one of your HubSpot contacts replies to e.g. your info@ email address then that email will automatically be logged with your contact in HubSpot. It ensuring that your HubSpot users will be able to see whether someone has replied to an email before deciding whether to take any action. Happy to demo this for you if helpful. Feel free to drop me a line here

0 Upvotes