Sales Email

jyrilintunen

How to keep tracking always on - Outlook

SOLVE

I'm having problem with Outlook website linked to Hubspot.

Do I really have to remember to press Hubspot icon every time I want to send a tracked email or is there any way to keep tracking setting always on (meaning that hubspot BCC will come to email automatically)? Now I have to remember to press Hubspot button every time to get the email logged & tracked to Hubspot.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
willsmith
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jyrilintunen 

It looks like you are using either an Outlook on the web account or an Outlook.com account. If this is true, then per this knowledge document from HubSpot, you will need to follow your current process. 

Would creating a "contact" with your portal email address to add to the BCC be possible? It doesn't completely solve the issue but will save you a few clicks. 

I hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
willsmith

SOLVE

Hi @jyrilintunen 

If I am understanding your question correctly, this should fix your issue:

1. Click on the HubSpot icon in Outlook, then scroll down to More and click on Add-in settings.

Inbox_•_will_piconsulting_com_and_Rival_-_For_Life.png

2. In the Add-in settings menu, select Log and track settings

3. Turn the Log email and Track email switches to ON

Inbox_•_will_piconsulting_com.png

These settings should now be saved and apply to each email you send. You may need to sign out of your HubSpot account and sign back in for these changes to take place. 

I hope this helps. If it does, please mark as a solution to help the rest of the community. 

Thank you!

jyrilintunen

SOLVE

Hey, 

Thanks for the reply.

I've done that already and tried log-off too, but it still seems like that when I create a new email I have to press hubspot-button (1.) before tracking BCC (2.) is enabled.  Should it work always like that or is there any trick to get that hubspot BCC to be applied automatically when I create an email?

Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 14.23.01.png

0 Upvotes
willsmith
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @jyrilintunen 

It looks like you are using either an Outlook on the web account or an Outlook.com account. If this is true, then per this knowledge document from HubSpot, you will need to follow your current process. 

Would creating a "contact" with your portal email address to add to the BCC be possible? It doesn't completely solve the issue but will save you a few clicks. 

I hope this helps.