Sales Email

lmnieminen

How to fallow up on offer automaticly

SOLVE

Hi!

We have just recently updated our hubspot to Service and Sales Hub Professional and we have Marketing Starter licence.

We send out dozens of offers daily and lot of them are so small, that they make no sense to fallow up on manually.

I would need hubspot to send an fallow up email to customer asking an update on offer after couple of days. In perfect world this would be simple email fallow up on current discussion, like you would "reply to all" to your own email.

How would I manage this? 

We handle all offer from our ticket pipeline and can't move them to deals at the moment.

It seems easy to set up automated email fallow up, but the issue is that its a seperate email with no reference to our offer or the email discussion. 

Any help? 

Thanks

2 Accepted solutions
trevordjones
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

I would send my offer out as part of a sequence.

• Your offer email would send automatically when you enroll the contact in the sequence.
  • You set a delay of a couple of days before the next send.
  • If the customer responds to the original offer email the sequence can be set to end automatically. 
  • If the delay ends before the customer replies, a follow up email will be sent.
  • You can add as many of these delay/send steps as are appropriate.

Hope this is helpful!

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

If you're attaching revenue to that object, I'd suggest using Deals instead. Tickets in HubSpot are for customer service teams, whereas Deals are meant to measure revenue. From there you could create a workflow based on Deal criteria like create date is known and quote isn't signed to send out follow up emails. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
trevordjones
Solution

SOLVE

I would send my offer out as part of a sequence.

• Your offer email would send automatically when you enroll the contact in the sequence.
  • You set a delay of a couple of days before the next send.
  • If the customer responds to the original offer email the sequence can be set to end automatically. 
  • If the delay ends before the customer replies, a follow up email will be sent.
  • You can add as many of these delay/send steps as are appropriate.

Hope this is helpful!

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

lmnieminen

SOLVE

Hi!

Thank you for your advice!

The proplem is, that we get our quote requests as email to our sales email. All emails coming in create a service ticket. We handle all the email traffic via tickets and would like to have both quotes and services tickets in same pipeline (since we get a lot of recuring orders 🙂 ) Maybe I'm just too stuck on the tickets, but at the moment tracking tickets and having offers attached to them is a must for us.

Would it be possible to just send a "sequense email", and associate it with original ticket? Could this work? Any experince with this kind of set up?

danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

If you're attaching revenue to that object, I'd suggest using Deals instead. Tickets in HubSpot are for customer service teams, whereas Deals are meant to measure revenue. From there you could create a workflow based on Deal criteria like create date is known and quote isn't signed to send out follow up emails. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
danmoyle

SOLVE

+1 for @trevordjones's advice. Use that Sequence tool 🙂 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website