Sales Email

HRich
Contributor

How to enroll a contact's additional emails addresses into a sequence

SOLVE

Hello,

I have recently aquired some additional email addresses for an existing contract on HubSpot which already has a primary email address.

It is quite simple to add them to the contact, by clicking on email, then add additional email address.

However, once I have the additional email address saved to a contact, how can I then create a list of contacts like it ( with additional email address) and then bulk enroll them into a sales cadence?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Best wishes

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HRich,

This feature is unfortunately not as sophisticated as it may seem. If you want to send an email to a secondary email address, you'll have to make it the primary email: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/how-can-i-add-multiple-email-addresses-to-a-contact#make-seconda...

If you want to find other contacts like this one, you can export contacts from the contact index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts > Export). You can then select a checkbox "Include all email addresses" which allows you to identify those contacts in the export file.

karstenkoehler_0-1676916673129.png

If you want a list of those contacts in HubSpot, you would filter them in Excel, then create a list and reimport it. During the last step of the import, you can create a list from the import.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HRich,

This feature is unfortunately not as sophisticated as it may seem. If you want to send an email to a secondary email address, you'll have to make it the primary email: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/how-can-i-add-multiple-email-addresses-to-a-contact#make-seconda...

If you want to find other contacts like this one, you can export contacts from the contact index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts > Export). You can then select a checkbox "Include all email addresses" which allows you to identify those contacts in the export file.

karstenkoehler_0-1676916673129.png

If you want a list of those contacts in HubSpot, you would filter them in Excel, then create a list and reimport it. During the last step of the import, you can create a list from the import.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

HRich
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten, very helpful reply to my question.

On a similar issue, would an additional email address record emails to the contact despite it already having a primary email address?

So for example, our sales rep has two email addresses for the same contact. He inputs one as the primary email address, and the other as an additional email.

Would this mean communication with both email addresses be recorded on the same contact card? Or only the correspondence with that of the primary email address?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Best wishes