How do I delete all logged emails?

Berater

Hi,

My manager and I are using the basic free version of HubSpot CRM.

We both send emails from a HubSpot-connected Gmail account.

We had been logging all emails but we've realised that that's definitely no longer suitable. We now have the "log" option unticked in Gmail for all emails that we send. But how do we mass delete all the emails from HubSpot that had already been logged?

We certainly don't want to mass delete all our content from HubSpot and start all over again.

Thanks in advance!

4 Respostas 4
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi @mimsims2019 

Currently, there is no way to mass delete all emails from all timelines. I recommend simply hiding the email activity to keep it from cluttering up your timelines. 

To do that, click the tiny triangle next to filter activities in the contact record and de-select emails under communications. You may also wish to deselect marketing emails depending upon your needs. 

hide email activitieshide email activities

Not really a global solution, but do this as each day as you work in your HubSpot portal and you'll eventually get there. I hope this helps. 

@jennysowyrda are you aware of a way to do this globally within HubSpot? Or a faster way to accomplish this? Thanks!

Will Smith
HubSpot Certified Trainer
Highlighted
Community-Manager

Hi @mimsims2019,

Thanks for the tag @picwillsmith! Another filter you can add to the general list of contacts you are looking at is "number of times contacted is greater than 0", this will filter down your contacts to only see those who you've sent a sales email to (or called). 

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 2.33.12 PM.png

I also wanted to share the complete list of contact properties you can filter on.  

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Responder
0 Avaliação positiva
Highlighted
Berater

Many thanks picwillsmith and jennysowyrda for your insights.

The reason why my manager and I want to delete the old emails from each contact's record is that we realised that we didn't want to see each other's emails because of the sensitive information within a number of them.

We're OK going forward with new emails because we have now turned off "log" emails in our HubSpot-connected Gmail - we just want to get rid of the old emails (ie from before we realised we should be turning off "log"!). 

Any suggestions re this?

Responder
0 Avaliação positiva
Highlighted
Community-Manager

Hi @mimsims2019,

While there is no way to delete old emails in bulk, you can edit your permissions in the meantime so that you and your colleague can only view contacts that you own. This will ensure you can't see each others email communication on contacts that you do not own.

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Responder
0 Avaliação positiva