Sales Email

Jeanne_NYC

How can I make my emails private?

SOLVE

I am not connected to Hubspot with my email. but I use Hubspot for outbound emails. These are sensitive topics and replies.  How do I keep my emails private from the entire enterprise reading my emails or replies?

1 Accepted solution
ajchapman20
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

when sending an email from Hubspot CRM, the email will be added to the contact's record and everyone that has access to the contact will be able to see the email. Currently, it is not possible to adjust permissions on specific information on contacts record - the user or has access to everything or he doesn't have access at all.

If you want to send sensitive information to a contact, you might want to make sure that other users on the account don't have access for contacts that don't belong to them and you can see how to set this here.

Alex Chapman | Inbound marketing Expert

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
CClabon
Participant

SOLVE

How can email contents be made private? 

It is a great feature to be able to email contacts from within HubSpot and log emails so other Users can see - but the contents of an email needs to be private! You should be able to hide emails, the same way Notes can be hidden. How do we apply these settings?

MClifton
Contributor

SOLVE

Privacy of email is important and HubSpot should find a way for the individual to make an email they send private.  For example, any communication between HR and an employee should be kept private.  When is HubSpot going to add a selection that will allow you to make an email you send private and still allow the contact to be shared?

Adrian73
Participant

SOLVE

I'd agree this is a miss and potentially a deal breaker for us too. Can HubSpot come up with a solution for this??

Halli
Participant

SOLVE

My company recently purchased hubspot sales and marketing

This feature came up as a discussion in a meeting

After finding out there is not an option to "hide" sensitive emails on contacts or some feature to make it more private its almost a dealbreaker for us

Lets say we have a contact an employee of the company that recives emails from all the staff regulary.

You can see the emails and communication and tickets and all that.

Then he get's a email from the financial department about his salary which would be classified as sensitive information

Then the whole team that has him as contact will see his salary email which is ridicilous

I know there is a opiton "dont track" or something but that can be a hazzle

I would like to see something like "this email is private" and you could choose that only this Team or User see this specific email.

I am not talking about the TEAM or USER seeing the contact as other users will need to see the contact I am only reffering to this single email sent

ajchapman20
Solution

SOLVE

when sending an email from Hubspot CRM, the email will be added to the contact's record and everyone that has access to the contact will be able to see the email. Currently, it is not possible to adjust permissions on specific information on contacts record - the user or has access to everything or he doesn't have access at all.

If you want to send sensitive information to a contact, you might want to make sure that other users on the account don't have access for contacts that don't belong to them and you can see how to set this here.

Alex Chapman | Inbound marketing Expert
Jeanne_NYC

SOLVE

I am accepting this explanation but it is NOT a solution.  It's a "miss" by Hubspot.

AndreaDD
Participant

SOLVE

I agree, there should be an option where someone can just view the contacts owned by the others, without the possibility to see the emails  "inside the contacts"!

Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Do you have enough permissions to change all users' permission levels? Or can you request this be done?

For each user's permissions, in the Contacts Access settings, there is the option to limit viewing contact records to only the ones you own. Meaning your user account must be the contact's hubspot owner in order to see it.  This would stop non-owners from seeing your contact records. However, super-admins would still be able to see them.

HubspotOwnedOnlyContactsPermission.JPG

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
Jeanne_NYC

SOLVE

Thank you for the response to this. I believe this is a "missed feature" from Hubspot.

I am in a group that has many contacts and people accessing those contacts so having a contact that is "mine only" does not work.  I should be able to make some correspondence "private".  So, that will lead me to send directly from my email instead of using the platform.