Sales Email

Swanand
Participant

How can I copy contacts from one sequence into another one?

SOLVE

Hello,

I would like to copy the contacts from the previously ended sequence into a new sequence. How can I do this?

Please advice.

Swanand

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Swanand,

As far as I know, you can't automatically send contacts to the next sequence. Your options here are no different from regular contact enrollment in sequences: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/sequences/enroll-contacts-in-a-sequence

One solution for your query could be a combined sequence. If sequence A consists of 4 emails, sequence B of 4 emails and you always want contacts to receive all 8 emails, then you could consider merging both into one.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Swanand
Participant

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler  Thanks for the workaround.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Swanand,

As far as I know, you can't automatically send contacts to the next sequence. Your options here are no different from regular contact enrollment in sequences: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/sequences/enroll-contacts-in-a-sequence

One solution for your query could be a combined sequence. If sequence A consists of 4 emails, sequence B of 4 emails and you always want contacts to receive all 8 emails, then you could consider merging both into one.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

egduff
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi there! I was searching for a solution to this and ended up creating one myself! Just tested it and it works. 

My suggestion would be to leverage a workflow to enroll the contact into the next sequence (note, you do need Sales Enterprise to unlock the capability to enroll into a sequence from a workflow. See how to do it here.)

The criteria trigger for the workflow will be based on a unique task title and the completion date known. So in Sequence #1, add a unique task at the end of that sequence titled "Final Task Sequence 1" or some sort of identifier that signals that the task is the final task in the first sequence - so in theory once that task is created, the contact has indeed finished the sequence. 

For the workflow, you will use that final task's title as the criteria for enrollment because if the contact has completed Sequence #1 and the task at the end of that sequence has been completed by you or someone else internally, that should be the trigger for the contact to be enrolled into the next sequence. 

Here's a screenshot of a test sequence, task and workflow I created. Once the contact completed Sequence 1, the task was created. Then once I completed the task, the test contact was enrolled into the workflow and then automatically enrolled into the next sequence. 

Feel free to reach out if any questions!