Sales Email

netsquire
Participant

Gmail Typeface Problems With Snippets and Templates

SOLVE

I love sending email from HubSpot. It always looks great. But Gmail with the HubSpot extension is a different story. If you enter a snippet or template into Gmail, you get the HubSpot font setting. But the minute you make any edits or add text, which occurs 100% of the time for me, you end up with two typefaces. You can select all and apply the Gmail typeface but it's not foolproof when you later look at your Sent Mail. This is likely Google's fault but I wish HubSpot could somehow adopt the Gmail typeface setting when using snippets and templates.

1 Accepted solution
Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Ok, I would try pasting your text into a program that strips out all the funny font tags then paste the clean text into HubSpot again.

On Windows you could paste into Notepad to remove all the formatting.

On Macy ou could paste into TextEdit to remove all the formatting.

The copy and paste the clean text into HubSpot.

Avoid Word or any other word processor because they will hide styles and other stuff in the text. 

A bit fiddly but it will save time in the long run.

Cheers

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Mike_Eastwood

SOLVE

Hi @netsquire 

If you edit your snippet, and kill the formatting with the Clear Formatting button (see screen shot) does it work as expected in Gmail?

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 10.03.02 AM.png

My guess is that the text – when copied and pasted – included the HubSpot font tags (hidden behind the scenes). Clearing the formatting should make it work beautifully in HubSpot and Gmail.

Did that work?
Mike

netsquire
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the suggestion. The Clear Formatting button seems to remove character formatting like bold and italics, not the underlying font. However, snippet and template behavior has improved in Gmail. I'm no longer getting two different typefaces. When applying the snippet or template, it changes the existing Gmail typeface to match. I wish the reverse were true — that it would match the Gmail typeface. But it's better than the mixed typefaces I was experiencing. I'm not sure if Gmail or HubSpot is responsible for this improvement.

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Ok, I would try pasting your text into a program that strips out all the funny font tags then paste the clean text into HubSpot again.

On Windows you could paste into Notepad to remove all the formatting.

On Macy ou could paste into TextEdit to remove all the formatting.

The copy and paste the clean text into HubSpot.

Avoid Word or any other word processor because they will hide styles and other stuff in the text. 

A bit fiddly but it will save time in the long run.

Cheers

Mike

0 Upvotes
netsquire
Participant

SOLVE

I'm not pasting anything into HubSpot. I'm writing snippets in HubSpot. The problem is not using snippets in HubSpot but in Gmail. The snippet should adopt the Gmail font. Not a big deal and they still save time.

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood

SOLVE

Hi @netsquire 

If you want to keep links, bolds, etc. the best way is to edit the HTML (to remove and "style" tags) before you paste the text.

It will be a bit fiddly but worth it in the long run.

Mike

0 Upvotes