Sales Email

sasss
Participant

Getting started with email marketing on a free account

SOLVE

Hi

Is it possible to collect visitors names and email address, and then mass market to them via an email list all through hubspot free?

If so, how do I do this please?

I've not done this before and I'm not sure whether it's even possible when using the free version.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
willsmith
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @sasss 

Yes, this is possible. Keep in mind, under HubSpot free there will be some HubSpot branding on your forms and emails. 

This is a brief overview on how to do this. Aside from this brief overview, the other piece of advice I'd like to offer is: just try it. Jump in and start creating. HubSpot wants you to use these tools, so they've made it pretty intuitive. If you create the form and you're not happy with it, adjust it as you see fit or delete and start again. You will learn as you go, so give it a try and learn along the way!

In the main navigation, go to Marketing > Forms. 

Click > Create Form (top right)

Select if you want to create either a Regular Form or a Pop Up Form then click Next (in this case, we will choose a regular form).

Choose a template (Registration | Contact Us | Newsletter SignUp | Support | eBook Download | Event Registration) OR start from scratch by selecting Blank template then click START.

At the top of the next page, you'll want to rename your form to something more recognizable to you. Click the pencil icon to rename your form.

Under the name you'll see (what I call) the steps menu. This menu will guide you through the process. Start on the first step and remember that as you progress, you can always go back by clicking on the menu name. 

The steps outlined here are:

FORM: this is the first step where you will populate and organize the content of your form (form fields and other details). 

FOLLOW-UP: A follow-up email is a great way to keep engaging with a visitor who just took action on your website. Click Create follow-up email to quickly and easily create a follow-up email after your visitor has submitted the form. (NOTE: you may need to create an email footer if you haven't done this yet).

Forms___HubSpot_and_Create_forms.png

OPTIONS: Here you will define:

• What happens after a visitor submits the form (are they redirected to another page or simply get a thank you message). 
  • Who will get an email notification when a form is submitted. 
  • Whether HubSpot should create a contact for each new email address.
  • If you want to add a link to reset the form.
  • If you would like to pre-populate contact fields with known values. This occurs when a contact with known information returns to your site. 

STYLE & PREVIEW: Here you will place the finishing touches on your form by changing the colors and how your form will look on certain devices. Finally, you can test the form by previewing how it looks for specific contacts in your CRM.

When these steps are complete and you're happy with your form, click Publish (top right).

You will now see a pop-up with 2 options:

• Share link: share this form with your contacts by copying the link. 
  • Embed code: copy and paste the code into the HTML code of your website. 

Decide how you'd like to share your form and you're ready to go.

Here are two great resources from HubSpot: Create Forms | Create pop-up forms - some of the functions listed in these knowledge documents may not apply to HubSpot free. 

Good luck and Happy Form Creating!

I hope this helps. If it does, please mark it as a solution to help the rest of the community. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
willsmith
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @sasss 

Yes, this is possible. Keep in mind, under HubSpot free there will be some HubSpot branding on your forms and emails. 

This is a brief overview on how to do this. Aside from this brief overview, the other piece of advice I'd like to offer is: just try it. Jump in and start creating. HubSpot wants you to use these tools, so they've made it pretty intuitive. If you create the form and you're not happy with it, adjust it as you see fit or delete and start again. You will learn as you go, so give it a try and learn along the way!

In the main navigation, go to Marketing > Forms. 

Click > Create Form (top right)

Select if you want to create either a Regular Form or a Pop Up Form then click Next (in this case, we will choose a regular form).

Choose a template (Registration | Contact Us | Newsletter SignUp | Support | eBook Download | Event Registration) OR start from scratch by selecting Blank template then click START.

At the top of the next page, you'll want to rename your form to something more recognizable to you. Click the pencil icon to rename your form.

Under the name you'll see (what I call) the steps menu. This menu will guide you through the process. Start on the first step and remember that as you progress, you can always go back by clicking on the menu name. 

The steps outlined here are:

FORM: this is the first step where you will populate and organize the content of your form (form fields and other details). 

FOLLOW-UP: A follow-up email is a great way to keep engaging with a visitor who just took action on your website. Click Create follow-up email to quickly and easily create a follow-up email after your visitor has submitted the form. (NOTE: you may need to create an email footer if you haven't done this yet).

Forms___HubSpot_and_Create_forms.png

OPTIONS: Here you will define:

• What happens after a visitor submits the form (are they redirected to another page or simply get a thank you message). 
  • Who will get an email notification when a form is submitted. 
  • Whether HubSpot should create a contact for each new email address.
  • If you want to add a link to reset the form.
  • If you would like to pre-populate contact fields with known values. This occurs when a contact with known information returns to your site. 

STYLE & PREVIEW: Here you will place the finishing touches on your form by changing the colors and how your form will look on certain devices. Finally, you can test the form by previewing how it looks for specific contacts in your CRM.

When these steps are complete and you're happy with your form, click Publish (top right).

You will now see a pop-up with 2 options:

• Share link: share this form with your contacts by copying the link. 
  • Embed code: copy and paste the code into the HTML code of your website. 

Decide how you'd like to share your form and you're ready to go.

Here are two great resources from HubSpot: Create Forms | Create pop-up forms - some of the functions listed in these knowledge documents may not apply to HubSpot free. 

Good luck and Happy Form Creating!

I hope this helps. If it does, please mark it as a solution to help the rest of the community. 

sasss
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Will, I'll work on implementing this this week 🙂

0 Upvotes
willsmith

SOLVE

Great! Reply here or get in touch outside the community if you need further assistance. I'm happy to help.

0 Upvotes