Sales Email

Wanderlust
Participant

Getting numerous opens by "someone" but not a specific recipient

Résolue

Recently sent several sales emails and am getting notifications that say "someone" has opened - as opposed to a specific contact name.  Checked to make sure everything is good with connections to Outlook/Office365 and all emails are showing.  I can also go into the contact's activity feed and see that the email has been opened x times, but curious why notifications don't indicate who is opening.  Any input welcomed.

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
Wanderlust
Solution
Participant

Résolue

Quick chat with Hubspot support identified the issue (and sorry if this is just Hub 101 stuff) - if the email goes to multiple recipients, Hubspot can only drop one tracking pixel into the  email.  So, the pixel is email-specific, not recipient-specific, and Hub can't discerns who's opening.  Workaround isn't pretty - having to send individual emails - but at least I know the cause now.

Here's an article from the knowlegebase (which for some reason didn't come up when I searched it).  https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-notifications/what-does-a-someone-notification-mean

Shout out to Amy in Support for being super helpful.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 Réponses
Jeanne_NYC
Membre

Résolue

I have the same problem.... what is the answer?

0 Votes
Wanderlust
Participant

Résolue

Hi Jeanne,

I was getting the "someone opened" notification when I sent an email that had multiple recipients.  Hubspot support explained that the pixel they drop with an email is specific to the email (not the recipients) so the pixels don't identify a specific user.  So, if you've got multiple recipients, everyone's getting the same pixel and there's no way to identify which recipient opened it.

It may be small consolation, but the tracking info does work when I send to a single recipient.  It's just kinda inconvenient because so many of our sales emails go to a group of people who are involved in decision making.  I guess the workaround is to send the same email to each separate recipient (not exactly efficient, but it does give you the open info for the recipient).

Hope that helps - or at least explains.

0 Votes
Wanderlust
Solution
Participant

Résolue

Quick chat with Hubspot support identified the issue (and sorry if this is just Hub 101 stuff) - if the email goes to multiple recipients, Hubspot can only drop one tracking pixel into the  email.  So, the pixel is email-specific, not recipient-specific, and Hub can't discerns who's opening.  Workaround isn't pretty - having to send individual emails - but at least I know the cause now.

Here's an article from the knowlegebase (which for some reason didn't come up when I searched it).  https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-notifications/what-does-a-someone-notification-mean

Shout out to Amy in Support for being super helpful.