Sales Email

sharPTPA

Generate list of New leads for the Week who bounced on one to one emails

SOLVE

I'm trying to track new leads generated by my sales people AND see how many of those bounced  (not how many bounced from a marketing email but from a one to one email).  Help please as to how to create this type of list.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @sharPTPA,

HubSpot doesn't distinguish between a marketing bounce or a sales bounce. That's why it's not possible to filter for contacts who have bounced on a sales email.

For an approximation, here's how I would approach creating that list:

There isn't any property for Recent sales email delivered date, so the closest alternative would be Last contacted (keep in mind this included other means of communication than email). Whether a contact was created by sales, can be determined by looking at the Original source drill-down 1 property, specifically the offline sources. I've selected "SALES" but you might also want to include "CONTACTS", see here. Lastly, in the title of your question, you were asking for a list of new leads for the week, hence the Create date filter.

list.png

There might be contacts in this list who bounced on a marketing email instead of a sales email – but I'm not sure it matters. The contact was created by sales and it bounced.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @sharPTPA,

HubSpot doesn't distinguish between a marketing bounce or a sales bounce. That's why it's not possible to filter for contacts who have bounced on a sales email.

For an approximation, here's how I would approach creating that list:

There isn't any property for Recent sales email delivered date, so the closest alternative would be Last contacted (keep in mind this included other means of communication than email). Whether a contact was created by sales, can be determined by looking at the Original source drill-down 1 property, specifically the offline sources. I've selected "SALES" but you might also want to include "CONTACTS", see here. Lastly, in the title of your question, you were asking for a list of new leads for the week, hence the Create date filter.

list.png

There might be contacts in this list who bounced on a marketing email instead of a sales email – but I'm not sure it matters. The contact was created by sales and it bounced.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

danielrnorris
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey have you tried using the contact property called "Email hard bounce reason". Make an active list using that property and just do "Is Known". Then also include any other perameters you were wanting regarding the lead. I have not tested this myself but would assume it is broader than just Marketing Email bounces. Let me know.

sharPTPA

SOLVE

I had tried that but found the results inaccurate unfortunately. Thanks!

0 Upvotes