G Suite integration with secondary domain for email addresses

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi there, 

I am just checking out Hubspot and there is one issue that's currently the deal breaker:

we are using G Suite and I would like to integrate our email accounts into Hubspot. However, we have a secondary domain in G Suite and I absolutely need the email addresses of the secondary domain in Hubspot. After connecting Hubspot with G Suite, I can only use my primary email address to send emails from. For the secondary email address Hubspot says that I still need to integrate G Suite, even though this is done already.

Is it possibe to use email addresses of a secondary domain in GSuite inside Hubspot?

Best

Tom

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @tomkel

Do you mind clarifying your question a bit? You can connect multiple inboxes to your portal through Gsuite, IMAP, and Outlook. 

If you are encountering a specific roadblock, can you provide screenshots as well as the two email addresses you are looking to connect? 

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

HI there,

I am the administrator on my HUBspot account. I set it up linked to a gmail email address. I have since set up a G suite email to use for my company. How do I link my g Suite email to be able to email from within Hub. I'd like to only use my g suite email address.

Thank you 

Angella

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @cannabisbuyer

Here are the instructions for connecting your gmail inbox to HubSpot: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email-notifications/how-to-connect-your-email-inb...

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
Highlighted
New Contributor

In gsuite, you can have domain aliases. You can have example.com as you primary domain and example.net as the alias.

If you have an account "info@example.com", because of the alias you will also have an account "info@example.net. Email from either address is delivered into the same account.

But you log into hubspot with the primary domain so all emails are sent under that domain.

I think what they're asking, is is possible to send an email from the alias domain? Gsuite allows it, as you can do this from gmail as well as from their api.

It would be good for hubspot to recognise the addresses available under the account and provide those as options.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello @Scott7 

Welcome to the Community, If you have connected a Gmail inbox that already has an alias set up, you can send emails from the CRM using the alias.

This knowledgebase here explains more about it

Kindly,

Pam

Highlighted
New Contributor

That worked! Thank you Pam 🙂