Sales Email

dha-2019
Participant

Forwarding verification code from HubSpot

Hi everyone

really simple one im sure but i am trying to forward all incoming emails to the CRM, G-Suite is asking me for a verifcation code that has been sent to the forwarding adress given

number@forward.hubspot.com.

How do i get this verifcation code, thanks in advance

24 Replies 24
RCardona

Hi Everyone,

I was able to get this working. In GMAIL, after you click to send the verification code to the Hubspot forwarding address, open up the Conversations area in Hubspot, and then access your Spam area. The issue on my end is that the verification email from Google was being captured by Spam. I was able to find it there.

I hope this helps!

0 Upvotes
DFaber
Participant

I'm running into the same problem. There is no way to get gmail on iPhone to log calls (please correct me if I'm wrong), so I want to set up a gmail filter to send all email that comes from my email address (i.e. all email that I send) to xxxxxxxxx@bcc.hubspot.com. Gmail lets me do this ONLY if I can provide the verification code that google sends to xxxxxxxxx@bcc.hubspot.com. Any resolution to this?

0 Upvotes
DFaber
Participant

To clarify, here is what I see (gmail settings waiting for me to enter a verificadtion code that was sent to xxxxxxxxx@bcc.hubspot.com)

DFaber_0-1638859635999.png

0 Upvotes
ichris
Participant

I am using iMAP. My email address is connected. The problem is when I add a forwarding rule to my existing email account, the account sends a verification email to xxxxxxxxxxx@forward.hubspot.com How can I verify the email?

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

@dha-2019  I am not sure about what you are seeing.  However, have you tried using the extensions for google chrome and outlook (where applicable)?  I can not say I was ever asked for a verification code.  Maybe clear cookie and cache; add extensions and try again. 

ext.png

Hope this helps.

Chris

0 Upvotes
dha-2019
Participant

Hi Chris thans for your response, im actually trying to make sure all incoming mail to my g suite account come into the CRM. To do this i believe i need to copy the forwarding link to all recieved emails. 

https://app.hubspot.com/sales-products-settings/5401526/bcc

Howerver when i do this on g suite it says it has sent a verification code to Hubspot to authorise this......

i have linked the email client to the database and have the extenxsions installed, but this still has not work as i think i need to have all incoming mail to those inboxes forwarded to this email address: 5401526@forward.hubspot.com

So im stumped

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

@dha-2019  I could not look at the link as it was account specific.  Here is my bcc screenshot.  I never use the BCC directly but use what I sent in the last piece.  

bcc.png

0 Upvotes
dha-2019
Participant

new doc 2019-01-30 16.38.10_1.jpg

Hi Chris thanks for your help, this is what im getting. im not getting any of the boxes you have circled on the right hand side of my Gmail online lie you have circled above

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

@dha-2019  You're welcome.  We are all in this adventure together.  Ok looks like you are trying to use POP set up and HubSpot wants IMAP. Check out this article.  

Good luck.

dha-2019
Participant

yeah well ive enabled imap now, however everything is still working as before.

did you see the forwarding verification box at the top? thats where i need to put the code to be able get mails incoming mails forwarded. 

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

@dha-2019 Sorry, that's all I've got.  @jennysowyrda can you direct?

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
dha-2019
Participant

Ok well thanks for your help anyways. Are you getting incoming emails logged straight in the database then by a different method?

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

@dha-2019  I am used to things flowing automatically. I am using Outlook 365 now sometimes I forget to select the button and check the boxes.  If I am in a rush I either go to Outlook directly and its automatic or I go to the CRM and type directly from there.  

When I send everything from the CRM there is no bouncing around everything is in the right spot.

Good luck.  Sorry I could not have been any better help.

Chris

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @dha-2019,

Thank you for all of your assistance @gelflex-cc! Great troubleshooting!

In regards to why you are not able to get the automatic forwarding set up, the forward email address is not meant to log all incoming emails into your portal, it is meant to get emails that were not previously logged into your portal. 

Thank you,

Jenny

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

@jennysowyrda This confuses me, so perhaps I did not understand from the beginning.  Of course, past emails do not go into the portal only from the day of set up.  So if I send you an email today,  and I have both the correct connected email and the tracking set up, all emails I send you AND all email you send me are logged into the portal.

Chris

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @gelflex-cc ,

No worries at all! Happy to clarify here. 

If you send me an email today and use the BCC address, the email will be logged into HubSpot. If I reply to that same email thread, the response will also be logged in HubSpot. 

If I send you a new email (as a reply or on a different topic) that would not be logged in HubSpot, as it is not associated with a logged email. 

The decision of whether or not to log an email within HubSpot is based on the original email being associated with the bcc address; it is not a blanket for all emails to and from that contact to be logged in HubSpot. 

If you are looking for a tool which will pull in all emails from your inbox, the conversations tool is more in that arena of functionality. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
dha-2019
Participant

Hi @jennysowyrda 

Thanks for your help, so just to clarify the forwarding email is to use on "individual icoming emails" but we can blanket every single email that comes in?

I understand how the BCC would work and have that set up, I just thin it would also be good if the CRM could have the abilty to tell if they are an existing contact or not from the forward and discard from there.

Is there a way for all new traffic that comes direct to my email to be forwarded as alead in to the CRM apart from forms, opp ups and live chat?

thanks in advance, Dan

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @dha-2019,

Happy to help! The only way all emails can be associated with the CRM is through the conversations tool. 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
elavie

Hi,

Continuing the discussion as I was hit with the same problem.
What is the purpose of the email forwarding address provided by Hubspot?

I thought I could use it to forward incoming emails to be logged...

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

@elavie yes the hubspot forward is to associate emails into the crm when they are not there. 

0 Upvotes