Sales Email

SDebiasi
参加者

Forwarding email address not working... in Italy?

I have contacted HubSpot Support Service (only by email) and they weren't satisfying with their answers, so I'm going to copy the same question, in hopes to find a solution.

The issue here is about the forwarding email address of HubSpot. So, I want to forward some e-mails to my HubSpot account using the address accountid@forward.hubspot.com. The goal is to find those forwarded e-mails in the e-mail section of the contact associated to that e-mail address.

I use Outlook to manage my e-mails, and I live in Italy, so my Outlook account is all set in Italian. When I forward an email, the body of the email looks like this:

SDebiasi_0-1632301913513.jpeg

With this body I have noticed that the email won’t be forwarded into my account.

I also did some tests to check if it’s just an issue concerning the Italian version of HubSpot, or if it happened for example with the German language as well.  In order to do that, I switched the languages in my setups of Outlook and HubSpot. So, for example, I noticed that if my Outlook language is set as English (and therefore the body of the forwarded email will be in English), and also Hubspot is set in English, the e-mail is forwarded. That means, I can find it in the HubSpot contact associated to the e-mail address. Other test results are as following:

OUTLOOK LANGUAGE

HUBSPOT LANGUAGE

Is e-mail being forwarded to HubSpot’s forwarded e-mail?

ENGLISH

ENGLISH

YES

ENGLISH

ITALIAN

YES

ITALIAN

ENGLISH

NO

ITALIAN

ITALIAN

NO

ENGLISH

GERMAN

YES

GERMAN

ENGLISH

YES

GERMAN

GERMAN

YES

Note that when Outlook is set in English, the body of a forwarded e-mail looks like this:

SDebiasi_1-1632301913517.jpeg

And when Outlook is set in German, the body of a forwarded e-mail looks like this:

SDebiasi_2-1632301913519.jpeg

As you can see, it results that the e-mail in these cases is not being forwarded only when Outlook is set in Italian. Therefore, I am again assuming that HubSpot has an issue recognizing the body of a forwarded e-mail when it is in Italian.

So my question is: what should the body of an e-mail in Italian look like in order for it to be successfully forwarded to the correct HubSpot contact?

Thank you for your time!

0 いいね!
2件の返信
SDebiasi
参加者

Hello @PamCotton and thank you for your reply!

We have been using HubSpot for a couple of months now and we haven't been using this feature a whole lot, but I do remember testing it when we first started using HubSpot and it worked.
Fast forward a couple of months where we didn't use the forwarding feature, we now need it and we've realized it doesn't work when Outlook is set in Italian (whether HubSpot is in Italian or in English). 

I confirm that all requirements from the shared post are met. 

Thank you for your help!

Sarah

0 いいね!
PamCotton
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

Hello @SDebiasi, did this behavior just started happening or it was never forward while was set in Italian? I do believe it's a language behavior since the header of the email is in Italian, is your HubSpot account set to Italian also when you forward? 

I would like to share this post here with more information about our forwarding email feature, could you please confirm you meet all requirements so I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !