Filter sort issue

BlueJaySocial
Participant

HubSpot has imported all my email contacts that have messaged or been messaged by me in my Gmail. It has put them all in the Companies section as that is where I wanted them to go in the initial stage.

However, I'm looking to use the Companies section with labels. I want to be able to select  a number of contacts (like HubSpot, Teamwork Projects emails etc) and mark them as 'backoffice/non-BD' so they aren't targeted by me for BD. The rest that are in there I want to be there for BD and in an easy access list.

It seems peculiar that there is not a simple easily accessible filter for contacts or rather, in Gmail terms, 'labels' that can be applied to sort out companies into respective filters.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Hi @BlueJaySocial,

For these purposes I would recommend using a custom property, which you could call "contact type" or "company type". You could make these a dropdown with each of your contact types you'd like to use. If you would like to apply this to lists you're uploading, you can reference that field in the upload. From there, you can use filters to see people that match that property value and use to create email lists, etc.

Here's an article on creating custom properties.

I hope that helps, but if you need further guidance, please let me know!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
BlueJaySocial
Participant

Thanks Josh, that was helpful. I agree that is the best way.

Now that I've set up the company fields, how do I mass-tag companies to that particular property-field?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @BlueJaySocial

You can associate a property with multiple companies by filtering the companies>check the box in the top right hand corner>edit>update property. 

Or, you can import a file that includes the company domain and apply the new value in mass through an import. As long as the file includes the company domain, it will apply the new values to the existing company as opposed to creating a new record.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes