Error: already connected to a shared inbox

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi there Thanks in advance for your help.

I received the following error:

Sorry. HubSpot couldn't connect to your inbox.

chris@c************e.co.uk is already connected as a shared inbox. This inbox
     must be removed before connecting as a personal inbox.

shared_inbox_invalid_downgrade

I had sucessfully set everything up step by step and got to the team email page, so I clicked go ahead and didn;'t think twice about it.   The process seemed to go well and afterwards I tried to add my calendar which is the last step which failed with the above error.

Now everything seems to be misbehaving.   The shared email does not show up, I cannot reconnect my email address properly. I have been unable to find any topics that might help and I'm ready to just forget all about HubSpot altogether, but it would be a shame as it seems awesome otherwise.

Please can anyone help?

Cheers

Chris

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I went hunting through and there appears to be some advice about how to deal with this issue, but that involves trying to get the Gmail account to show up as the Conversation Inbox by reconnecting it.

I get this error:

Sorry. HubSpot couldn't connect to your inbox.

Please reconnect your email account.

com.hubspot.imap.protocol.exceptions.authenticationfailedexception: [authenticationfailed] invalid credentials (failure), extra data: '{"status":"400","schemes":"bearer","scope":"https://mail.google.com/"}'

New Contributor

Hi,

I am having the same problem

I am trying to connect from my laptop and getting the error msg that is already connected

(it's connected in my desktop computer)

what can I do?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

For me, having raised a support ticket the issue disappeared. I never heard from anyone, it just disappeared.

Sorry I can't offer more help.

0 Upvotes