Emails integrated into wrong deal / company

Occasional Contributor

I've recently begun using the integrated email feature vis a vis Outlook.  I've noticed that the emails are being logged into the wrong areas.  For example, upon adding a Deal and acknowledging it via email, it's then found not only under that Deal but also is associated with every Deal I've created since integrating the service.  I'm thus having to go through and de-select the associated records/deals that are being attributed to it.  Any suggestions?   I hate to have to go back to logging every email, but I can't trust that they're being stored appropriately. 

5 Replies 5
HubSpot Moderator

Hey @DBASL 

Email that are logged to HubSpot using the extension will automatically be associated to the recipient's contact record, its associated company record, and the five most recent open deal records associated to the contact.

If the recipient is associated with multiple open deals, the email will log to all up to five. This article has more information on logging and tracking emails using the HubSpot Sales for Outlook add-in.

Best,
Ana

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

The issues that I'm having revolve around the fact that the contacts are NOT tagged in the deal.  They belong to completely different companies...

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Moderator

Hey @DBASL 

Thanks for that information. Is this issue still occurring with new emails? We were experiencing a temporary issue causing emails and other activities to log on the incorrect records, but this has since been resolved. 

If you are still able to reproduce the issue, do you have the name of a contact or deal I could take a look at to see the incorrectly logged email?

Thanks, 

Ana

0 Upvotes
Visitor

We had similar issues too. How do we undo the mess this error caused? Our contact records are very messy, as are deals and companies.

It will be very hard to ask our sales reps to go into their emails and forward each email sent to a prospect - especially if we do not have a time frame that they can restrict their activity to. Can you provide a time estimate for when this error began and ended?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @SMF150,

Have you reached out to HubSpot technical support regarding this question? Without looking at specific examples, it is difficult to advise on next steps, and Support will have the resources to assist you with this matter specific to your portal. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes