Sales Email

CDelCastillo
Participant

Emails go to spam inbox

Hello,

My company has several emails from our clients going into the spam inbox. Our "Allow and Deny" list is completely empty. Our "Automatically mark as spam" check boxes are all unchecked. Tried multiple solutions offered in other forums but cannot seem to find any real solution.

It also states when opening these emails in spam "This message was sent from an inbox connected email. It will be deleted after 90 days in spam" which is confusing because it recognizes its an email from our client but is still sent to spam. 

Another error message we see is "This message was marked as spam by your email provider. It will be deleted after 90 days in spam Add to Allow List".

Which we will check our allow list where no emails are marked as spam. 

Please help! Its getting frustrating to sort these emails!

Please help with any information.

0 Upvotes
17 Replies 17
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Emails go to spam inbox

Hi @CDelCastillo it sounds like you are talking about messages that are going to your Conversations Inbox spam folder?

In this case, you wouldn't want the Allow list to be empty if you have messages going to spam that you don't want to (more info).

For example, if you receive an email in the spam folder that isn't spam, adding it to the allow list will prevent it from happening again.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have further questions!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

CDelCastillo
Participant

Emails go to spam inbox

Ok, I will try this. Is there alimite to amount of addresses? Looks like I will have a lot of emails to add into the allow list....

Next question, emails being sent from our own email is going into spam now and we cannot add our own connect email into the Allow list. What should I do then?

Jnix284

Emails go to spam inbox

@CDelCastillo I don't know if there's a limit, not sure why there would be one though.

Regarding your own email, that is correct per the guidelines - why is your own email sending emails to your own inbox?

Jnix284_0-1674243497331.png

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

CDelCastillo
Participant

Emails go to spam inbox

So we have automated emails going out to confirm appointments, these emails will get replies from our customers wil appointment changes, etc and it will still remain in our spam. This is what our email confirmation will have in our inbox, and there will be customers replies in the same chain but the whole email thread remains in spam. This has led to multiple appointment changes being missed.Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 1.27.11 PM.png 

0 Upvotes
CDelCastillo
Participant

Emails go to spam inbox

I have also added multiple domains into my Allow list, which are still ending up in our spam 

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Emails go to spam inbox

@CDelCastillo it really sounds like you're trying to use an inbox for a 1:1 purpose, when it's designed for group emails, meeting links are also 1:1, which is why I think this is presenting so much of an issue.

@jolle do you have any best practices or recommendations for how sales can use 1:1 emails vs the conversations inbox that might help @CDelCastillo ?

CDelCastillo
Participant

Emails go to spam inbox

Hmm can you explain the difference of the 1:1 vs group email functions as I am unaware of this 

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Emails go to spam inbox

Sure @CDelCastillo , this is an overview of the conversations inbox, it's designed for incoming inquiries - leads, tickets, etc. The email used for the inbox should be a group email, like sales@ or support@

Whereas you would want to connect your personal email for 1:1 emails, to use as meeting links, etc. this should be the email you login to HubSpot with, like c.delcastillo@

Here's an example of how this works in your process:

1 - new lead submits a form, it goes to the inbox, your team responds.

In the email they send, they provide a meeting link. The email will be from the group email, but the meeting link will be associated to their individual email.

This is now that meeting link owner's lead to work via the contact record, and eventually the deal record.

For example, we might have someone reach out and ask for a demo of our website theme using a form on our website.

The form comes to our conversations inbox, and anyone on our team can reply, in that reply, they can use a template, snippet, or meeting link to provide my meeting link for a demo - the meeting will get booked directly with me, that's the handoff now and the conversation can be closed in the inbox.

If you're very new to HubSpot, I highly recommend the Inbound Sales and Inbound Sales Software certifications, they will help tremendously. 

The Service Software certification has good info on the inbox though.

Hope this helps!

CDelCastillo
Participant

Emails go to spam inbox

Ok, Im still confused on how these functions, 1:1 or group email functions, would dictate what ends up in my spam folder.

Is there a way to bulk upload emails to the Allow list? Almost every other email we are receiving is going into the Spam inbox and we cannot figure out how to stop this. 

also, an add on question, is there a way to allow comments on the email be shown through all teams/inboxes? We have multiple customer services inboxes and clients like to add more than one in the email send to portion, and when we have a team member from each inbox viewing the same email we have the potential to reply twice. We advised our team to add a comment in when viewing but it isn't shown through the different inboxes

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Emails go to spam inbox

@CDelCastillo I believe the cause of the spam issue is due to the type of email you have connected to the inbox (a personal email rather than a group email).

The group email that you have connected to the inbox should not be associated with a HubSpot user login/account.

I don't know of a way to bulk upload emails to the allow list.

Could you add your question about the comments as a new thread so others in the community can help? Adding screenshots would be helpful.

A single email should only show in one inbox, so the comments shouldn't be an issue, and if you are using multiple views in the same inbox, it should show the comments in all of the views. I'm a little confused how you have one email in more than one inbox unless you have configured the channels to have duplicate connections.

CDelCastillo
Participant

Emails go to spam inbox

The inboxes we have set up is all of our group work emails. Our scheduling/customer success/and invoicing email. 

We send an email from one of these group email addresses that is connected to hubspot, once we get a reply from our client, it goes straight to spam. 

These arent personal email addresses associated with logins.

For the comments: We have a schedulign and invoicing email that is usaully used intertwined by our clients. They will add both of these emails when asking a question or editing a confirmation etc. - in our inboxes we will get an email in both scheduling and invoicing, but the inboxes will not allow us to see if there are multiple people responding to the same email thread

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Emails go to spam inbox

Thank you for this info @CDelCastillo that really helps explain what's happening better.

for the issue with it going straight to spam - are the email contacts you are getting replies from in your CRM? are they also group emails at those companies?

for the comments - this makes sense now, unfortunately, HubSpot is seeing both of those as individual threads, there is no solution I know of to tie these two together.

Unless you can create a view that will remove it from one inbox or the other based on ticket criteria.

CDelCastillo
Participant

Emails go to spam inbox

We may have found the issue and a work around, seems that our email was BCC in all automatic confirmations being sent out through Airtable, which in hubspot filters states you cannot send to your own email or it will end up in spam. 

So we removed our BCC and we cannot track our confirmations anymore but the replies do not end up in spam anymore. 

Another question: Is there a way to copy/paste emails when emailing in the conversations inbox? Seems no way to copy/paste these emails for example in the screenshot Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 1.09.26 PM.png

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Emails go to spam inbox

Hi @CDelCastillo I'm glad you could figure it out, it's interesting that HubSpot can pick up on the BCC, since it's technically blind, but if it fixed it then I suppose that's likely the cause. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Yes, you can copy/paste an email, but it will prompt you to choose an existing contact or create a new contact so you can't paste and hit enter, you have to paste and then wait for HubSpot to recognize it's a new contact (or show the dropdown of existing) like it does if you are manually typing in the field:

Jnix284_0-1674856043969.png

CDelCastillo
Participant

Emails go to spam inbox

What about copying an existing email that we are linked to? Such as the copying my email in the screenshot I. sent previously, and pasting it else where? Is that a possbility or a way to do that? 

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Emails go to spam inbox

Hi @CDelCastillo I haven't found a way to easily copy it from the "to" field, but if it is the contact on the record, then it would also be visible on the right sidebar next to the message that you can copy from there - this only wouldn't work if you have multiple recipients and you needed to copy the one that wasn't there.

When you hover and right click on the blue box that appears, the browser only selects a single word, not the full email, and trying to highlight it doesn't work without it disappearing.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emails go to spam inbox

Hi @CDelCastillo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Happy share some tips regarding email deliverability for 1:1 emails.

If you are seeing your emails sent from that email address ending up in spam then it likely has to do with the email filtering rules in their inbox. Make sure that your contacts add your address to their inbox or be sure to mark them as not spam when available. 

Over time, email service providers should recognize you as a trustworthy sender. The issue could be that in the past, some recipients have already marked your emails as spam or that email service provider noticed high bounce rates from you.

In general, you want to try to pass on as many positive signals about your content as possible to the email provider. The eventual decision on what to do with that content (if it goes in the recipient's inbox or spam inbox) rests with the email provider.

Here's a list of things and resources I would recommend reviewing:

• Only email contacts for whom you have a legal basis to communicate
  • Validate emails before sending to avoid hard bounces at all costs (e.g. Neverbounce, Zerobounce)
  • Remove unengaged contacts from the list 
  • Avoid as many spam trigger words as possible
  • Test the spamminess of your email 

I also wanted to share a few related threads from our community: @kaburke wrote an excellent article regarding email deliverability listicle@natsumi shared some resources here and I offered some additional tips here.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Kristen 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !