Sales Email

AShaligram4

Emails are tagged as 'Not sent' after I imported the leads information from an Event

SOLVE

Hello,

So recently, I attended an Event where I was able to generate quite a few leads, where the leads gave their information (Fname, Last Name, Email, Company, Phone number) etc. They also agreed to receive emails from me.

I had a CSV of these leads which I then imported on Hubspot for sending them a 'Thank You' email.

While importing, I opted them in for receiving emails. But when I actually sent them the email via the Hubspot Email tool, less than 1% of emails got delivered and the others were tagged as 'Not sent' with a message like' These emails haven't opted-in or there is no legal basis' for sending them emails.

Am I missing a setting to opt for these qualified contacts I had collected in offline events and start sending them emails?

Will be looking forward to your suggestions!

Thank you,

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Emails are tagged as 'Not sent' after I imported the leads information from an Event

SOLVE

Hi @AShaligram4,

If you have "Legal basis required" enabled in the GDPR settings, HubSpot expects contacts to be opted into the same subscription type that you chose for in the Settings tab of the email editor:

karstenkoehler_0-1663871933961.png

For example, if you opted your contacts into a marketing subscription type, but your marketing email is sent under the a subscription type called product information, then HubSpot doesn't like that. These two have to be a match.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
AShaligram4

SOLVE

Hello @karstenkoehler ,

Thank you so much!

I was able to set the right subscription type and able to deliver all the emails!

Thank you so much for your continued support!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AShaligram4,

If you have "Legal basis required" enabled in the GDPR settings, HubSpot expects contacts to be opted into the same subscription type that you chose for in the Settings tab of the email editor:

karstenkoehler_0-1663871933961.png

For example, if you opted your contacts into a marketing subscription type, but your marketing email is sent under the a subscription type called product information, then HubSpot doesn't like that. These two have to be a match.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.