Email tracking not working?SOLVE
Sep 10, 2020 10:00 PM
loving the ability to track when an email has been opened/read but it doesn't seem to work? Have sent out 10 test emails, many have been opened and replied to but under Notifications they still show as "Sent" only. Email tracking seems to work with Gmail recipients but not with any others, wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what if anything I can do to resolve it? Email tracking would be wonderful ability to have, if I can get it to work. Any and all replies most gratefully appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Sep 11, 2020 5:03 AM - edited Sep 11, 2020 5:04 AM
Hi @HubSpotUser2020 ,
Thanks for reaching out to our Community!
A couple of questions before digging into this:
- are you sending emails through the HubSpot CRM?
- or directly via your inbox Gmail or Outlook, using the sales extension?
When you send an email via the CRM, or through your Gmail/Outlook, using the sales extension, and ticking the "track/log" button, when someone opens that email you should be notified. HubSpot embeds an invisible one-pixel image into the email message once it is sent. When your recipient views the email and the images load, you will receive a notification that the email has been opened.
If the recipient's email client doesn't allow the tracking pixel to load, HubSpot will not be able to track the email open. HubSpot tracking can be deactivated in the following situations:
- The recipient formats their email in plain text.
- The recipient's email client doesn't automatically download images.
- The recipient's corporate filter strips away all images for incoming emails.
- The recipient's installed a firewall/Ad Block/Ad Blocker that blocks images to load
If the recipient has a very strict spam filter where they block any images or link tracking from loading in emails, your tracked email could be filtered as spam.