Sales Email

Arjen
Participant

Email signature

SOLVE

Hello,

I've used the email signature generator from hubspot and made a nice signature with it but when I import it into outlook mail, all the icons get some weird stripe on the right side of the icon.

I could not find the reason of why this is happening.

Maby someone out here who could help me?

I have added a picture with the problem.

unknown-59.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
AKokorina
Solution

Email signature

SOLVE

Hi there!

We've also had a similar issue- unwanted lines above and below the icons, but only visible in Google. The client had an Outlook account and set up his email signature there, when sending the emails in Outlook, everything looked fine, but sending to Gmail users the email signature icons had those lines. Very annoying issue and Hubspot doesn't really provide a good solution but we have found the issue it seems.

The client needed to update his Outlook to the latest version, then the problem was fixed. 
We had to test a lot to find this out and it was super frustrating... if you are in a similar situation, also try to test in the Outlook app vs. Outlook in. your browser. It might have some influence too. 

Good luck!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
AKokorina
Solution

Email signature

SOLVE

Hi there!

We've also had a similar issue- unwanted lines above and below the icons, but only visible in Google. The client had an Outlook account and set up his email signature there, when sending the emails in Outlook, everything looked fine, but sending to Gmail users the email signature icons had those lines. Very annoying issue and Hubspot doesn't really provide a good solution but we have found the issue it seems.

The client needed to update his Outlook to the latest version, then the problem was fixed. 
We had to test a lot to find this out and it was super frustrating... if you are in a similar situation, also try to test in the Outlook app vs. Outlook in. your browser. It might have some influence too. 

Good luck!

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Email signature

SOLVE

Hi @AKokorina, I hope you are doing well!

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Email signature

SOLVE

Hello @Arjen

This is a very common matter discussed in our Community, I would like to share this post here that applies also to this conversation where our top expert @karstenkoehler mentioned

"Could you share more details, please? Where exactly are you updating your signature, where are you sending the emails?

One potential reason could be that you're updating the wrong type of signature. Personal email signatures can be updated following these steps, a conversations inbox signature following these steps (search for "signature" on the page)."

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Arjen
Participant

Email signature

SOLVE

Hello @PamCotton,

First of all, thanks for the answer!

I couldn't find the answer in the post from karstenkoehler. But i would like to tell you the complete story / some more information. 

1. First i generated a signature on this website https://www.hubspot.com/email-signature-generator
2. I picked the "Copy signature" button at the end of the generator. And then I opened Microsoft Outlook desktop version. 
3. At last I hit the new email button and picked the "insert" button to then pick the signatures button and made a new signature. In the new signature I pasted the generated e-mail signature with "ctrl+v" and then i get weird stripes thru all the icons. 

this is the result:

emailsignature.PNG

All icons have weird stripes. 
I searched thru a lot of things but I can't find what I'm possibly doing wrong. 
I don't know if there is any more information you maby want. I'm just copying the email signature and pasting it into my outlook mail. And if I look at the icons in my mobile outlook app the icons are even weirder. 
Mobile outlook app:

Hope someone has an answer for me what i'm doing wrong😬
So quickly summarized; Everything is working like expected for except all of the icons, For a weird reason they are getting random stripes, lines, blocks around them.
Thanks for the help!

DiannaS
Participant

Email signature

SOLVE

Did you ever find a solution for this, by chance?

0 Upvotes