Email replies not being logged by HubSpot

VisionDigital

============================================

EDIT:

It all seems to be working again wthout reason.

============================================

I write this request for help with very little faith that the issue i am facing will be resolved. I have gone through all of the other similar threads I can find, and many of them simply didn't get a response at all...

Hopefully this does....

I have been using Hubspot for about 2 weeks.

I set up IMAP email and everything was wroking perfectly.

I was able to send AND RECEIVE emails through hubspot for just over a week.

Any time I sent a contact an email and they replied, I would see the reply in the specific contacts activity list.

Then it stopped.

Nothing has changed in the way things are being done at our end and no settings have been altered.

However, the last 3 contacts that have sent a reply to an email sent through hubspot, their reply has ended up in my mail client (apple mail - as it always has), but there is no trace of it within the contacts activity thread.

I can now even respond to a contacts reply via Apple mail and have this reply (the one i send through apple) show up in the contacts activity feed due to the IMAP feature, but not any reply from the contact themselves.

All criteria for making sure replies show up are being met, so please don't refer me on to that list.

Again, it was working perfectly, and then all of a sudden stopped..

I need this fixed because otherwise adding a CRM is just adding more work for us and it defeats the purpose of using something like hubspot.

Please help.

note: I contacted the team via instant chat about this and after a few hours I was told it was an apple mail fault (which it's not because it was working last week), and then was told they didn't know and I had to ask the technical team here.

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @VisionDigital,

I am happy to help you with this matter!

First, can you please confirm what email address you are working with (either through here or direct message)? 

Additionally, the best way to investigate what is happening will be to look at specific examples. Can you please send along examples of emails that you sent through HubSpot where the responses didn't log? If you can send along the email headers, that would be great! 

A few other questions to help us get to the bottom of this: 

1. What is the mail provider running the IMAP service?  (ie GoDaddy O365, a webmail provider like Gmail, etc.)

2. Are there rules or settings applied to the IMAP folder in your inbox? 

3. Do you have different login credentials to access SMTP service and IMAP service?

4. What email clients are you using? I know you referenced Apple mail, is that your preferred email client? Are there any others you use? 

Thank you,

Jenny

gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert

@VisionDigital Just a thought. Sometimes I need to disconnect my connected email and reconnect.  Are you using Safari as a browser? Can you try another browser, Google Chrome?

What happens if you try to use the forward to bcc email options?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @gelflex-cc,

It looks like @VisionDigital is all set now. Thank you for your troubleshooting assistance! 🙂 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert

@jennysowyrda thank you and  you're welcome!

0 Upvotes
dmanrose

Do you know what the solution was?

0 Upvotes
dmanrose

This seems to be a common issue with no real solution. Looked through multiple threads over 3 years and people are given canned troubleshooting responses but no reason as to why this may be happening or how to actually fix it. 

I've had communications with companies like Digital Mains Street who use Hubspot as their CRM that have the same issue but no solution.

I was considering upgrading after my trial expired and this common problem started out of the blue.

I've disconnected, reconnected on Safari, Firefox, Chrome, no change. My situation is almost identical to VisonDigital.

Any solution that isn't a cut and paste respone?

Please advise.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager

Hi @dmanrose 

Thank you for reaching out. 

Is your problem regarding replies to emails that you sent from the CRM only? Is this happening with all email replies or some of them? 

Could you please confirm you are meeting the requirements listed in this section but also this section specific to IMAP connection? The reply needs to be in the main Inbox folder. 

Thank you

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !