Email replies are not being logged

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I have linked an email account with Hubspot via smtp.

I can send emails from this new account, which is great. I can't change this email account to my default email which is very frustrating.

But worse, I created a contact, and sent an email to myself from the email address of this 'test contact', and the email was not logged.

I would like Hubspot to log all and any direct emails or replies sent to my linked email account.

If I send an email from my new account to a contact and the contact replies, then the conversation is logged.

Appreciate the help

0 Upvotes
45 Replies 45
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have not setup anything in my inbox - I assume you are talking about my hubspot inbox and I have not changed email providers but I did change my email from Delia@deliaduplessis.me to info@the finerthings.events.

I have only NOW started or tried to send emails from hubspot - AFTER I changed emails. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you @deliaD! I have shared this information with our product team and will give next steps as soon as I have them.

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor
Thank you
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have just discovered something - I went over all my information and reentered everything - I thought about your question regarding changed email and found that when I set up my email inbox some of it still had my old website domain cupcakesandcaviar - see below. The forwarding address is funky - and when I tried to change it, it won't delete - it won't allow be to add the new email address. I have looked everywhere to ensure that the cupcakes domain and email address and also the deliaduplessis.me email address were both deleted. 

Configuration

Send from
From name
Agent namefrom

From address
Use default
Customize from address

Forwarding address 
(the copy and paste was removed ) it said support@cupcakesandcaviar 
Copy
Set up email forwarding in your email client to forward emails from your from address to the Inbox. Need Help?

Team signature
Enable team signature

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @deliaD,

I am partnering with the team regarding this issue and they are wondering how often this issue occurs on your end. Is this happening for all emails, only some or was this an isolated incident?

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Some emails, through hubspot are logged others not. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you for the update @deliaD

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

It appears from other complaints that hubspot has had this problem for a while. I am stunned that they would charge for a service that does not work. I have the free account but others are paying for it. Disgusting and a good reason for not upgrading. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @deliaD,

If you would like to continue troubleshooting this matter I am happy to assist. If you can please direct message me additional examples of where your email responses are not logging, the team is currently looking for a pattern in the behavior, and we need additional examples to proceed.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have sent out several emails - Honestly I don't have time to go through all of them to let you know which were logged and which didn't . Why can you not just log into my account and see what is going on. I also am supposed to see conversations and I cannot in my email inbox - I have to go to contacts to see anything. I cannot find where the emails are that I forwarded to the bcc that I received from hubspot as no one will help me. 

At this rate - one message per day - I will be old and grey when this finally gets fixed - if ever. 

I am not unhappy with your efforts - please understand that I have battled with this problem for much longer than the time you and I have been talking. 

I have another question - I use godaddy webmail - is there any way that I can somehow get emails logged with their program - I have added my email address as per the instructions but NO emails are logged. Is that not a quicker solution if you have one? 

Delia

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @deliaD,

As the emails that are being sent and received are coming from your email servers, the information required to troubleshoot this matter will not be available within HubSpot. I apologize for the frustrations this experience has caused, however please know I am here to help and I want to resolve this issue with you. 

The team is requesting additional examples in order to establish a pattern of behavior for why this is occurring only sometimes. I am here to help if you would like to send the examples. 🙂 

In regards to getting emails logged with Godaddy, you can use the bcc address functionality to log emails you send from Godaddy into HubSpot. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Jenny I am hoping to find a way to log the emails directly with godaddy so that I can bypass the hubspot thing altogether. However I have used the bcc function and it has not logged anything. I really need someone to look into my account to help me solve this as there may be settings that need changing - this is not my forte it is hubspots but I am not getting help there at all. 

I am grateful for your help but I don't have time to go over each email and see which one logs and which doesn't. I honestly don't think hubspot functions properly which is why I will never upgrade and pay for it. 

If there is a way to log emails from godaddy on the server that would be the easiest solution. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @deliaD,

Thank you for reaching out! I understand your frustrations. Inbox integrations are dependent upon information and cooperation in your email inbox. As such, this issue is not something that HubSpot can troubleshoot without having information from your email inbox. Because you are the only one to have access to your email inbox and settings, having your help answering them is necessary. I am on standby to assist if you have additional examples. 

In regards to Godaddy and HubSpot, there is no way to automatically log emails automatically from Godaddy into HubSpot other than using the bcc address. If you are not seeing the bcc option work, I would recommend ensuring that your inbox meets the requirements mentioned in the article, which include: 

Your email must meet the following criteria in order to be logged in the CRM:

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, I am sending an email to a contact from HubSpot and he receives it. I can see in Hubspot that he has opened my email. When he replies to my email, his response is not recorded in HubSpot. I receive it in my gmail account but no track of it in HubSpot. With all other HubSpot contacts, all replies get tracked. Why is it different with one contact?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @nouellet!

In order for an email reply to be logged to HubSpot, it must meet the criteria outlined here under the section "Replies to emails sent using a connected inbox." Can you confirm that you are meeting this criteria and still not seeing emails logged? If so, I'd be happy to take a further look into this for you if you can DM me the original email header of the response which did not log as anticipated. 

This documentation goes over obtaining the original email header depending on your email client if you can save the full header as an attachment and send it my way.

Best,

Olivia 

Highlighted
Visitor

Posted in the wrong section. Message deleted.

0 Upvotes