Email replies are not being logged

Highlighted
Colaborador ocasional

My emailreplies are not being logged. I use IMAP.  I have gone thru all steps in Jennys list without any luck.

Have read the most post in this topic.

Has anyone solved the problem?

Responder
0 Me gusta
6 Respuestas 6
Highlighted
Experto titular

@matsnorden Please clarify. Are the emails you are sending or receiving not logging?

Please check in settings under integrations that your email box is connected. 

If you have missed a few you can use the forward code to get them into the crm.

Which suggestions of @jennysowyrda are you referring to?

Highlighted
Colaborador ocasional

Clarification:

- My replies are not logged

- My mailbox is connected

- When I use the forward code it does not work.

- I have set up both IMAP and SMTP servers with correct ports and credentials.

I finally found something that works. If I set up a rule in Outlook, that forward all incoming mail to the forward code it works as long as the subject field is not altered. 

You can find Jennys advice in any of the threads concerning this topic, they are quite a few. I have found nothing in any of them that comes close to a solution. However I talked to the sales team and one woman there told me the problem was due to not English words in the beginning of my message and that HS is working with that. I find this very unlikely.

My explanation is that the mail header is changed when you use the forward code manually and therefore leaves out the orginal mail adress and thus Hubspot can´t categorize it to the right user/deal. But what do I know?

Highlighted
Experto titular

@jennysowyrda this seems to be an odd explanation to me as HubSpot is in many countries and many languages. Are you able to provide clarification or refer to an appropriate person? Thanks. Chris

Responder
0 Me gusta
Highlighted
Gestor de la comunidad

Hi @matsnorden,

Are you sending emails from within HubSpot and the replies are not logging to HubSpot? If you can share an example of an email you sent from within HubSpot where the contact replied and the response is not being logged in HubSpot, that would be great.

Regarding the forwarding rule, the forwarding text must be in a language supported by HubSpot in order for the email to get forwarded into HubSpot. For more information on this, I wanted to share this resource.

If you are still stuck and can share more information around what is happening with the emails when they are not logging, that would be great!

Please note that because each email scenario is different, each thread will have a unique solution. Additionally, many of the threads are resolved through direct message to protect our users' privacy around their data and email addresses.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Highlighted
Colaborador ocasional

Hi

I am not sending emails from within Hubspot, I am using IMAP and SMTP in my Outlook. 

When I send an email from my outlook it is logged in Hubspot with the right contact. (via bcc), when I get a reply and try to use the forwarding code it does not logg. When I set up a rule in Outlook and let the rule forward all my messages to the forwarding code it works.

My outlook language is Swedish.

Responder
0 Me gusta
Highlighted
Gestor de la comunidad

Hi @matsnorden

Thank you for confirming and sharing the additional information! Currently the forwarding address is limited to the languages supported by HubSpot, including English, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, French and German, so it is expected behavior that Swedish email headers would not log to HubSpot.

If you have found a workaround using the Outlook rule, I would recommend continuing with that functionality.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution