Sales Email

msmicrocool
Participante

Email rejected by spam server

resolver

We have one particular client that we have been communicating for several years. Recently any email that is sent to him is rejected by their Spam program. Even if I send to another person and have it sent back to him, it fails.
The only way I can get an email through is by stripping off all HubSpot tracking code etc. Then sending as a plain text email. It is only happening with this one client (as far as I know). 

Question: Does the tracking code in an email cause them to be blocked by certain spam filters? Is it a common occurence, should we be concerned about other emails being blocked?
Thank you

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @msmicrocool,

Unfortunately, that's the price of email tracking. HubSpot is tracking emails by embedding an invisible one-pixel image into the email message once it is sent. If the recipient has a very strict spam filter where they block any images or link tracking from loading in emails, your tracked email could be filtered as spam, see here.

In that case, there are some steps your contacts can take to improve delivery of your emails, for example moving the email out of spam or junk folder (in case they went through) or asking the contact to work with their IT team. Far from ideal since they require action from someone else.

The only alternative is send these emails as plain emails, as you already found out.

You might find other contacts with strict email policies by search for contacts with Email hard bounce reason is any of Policy.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
msmicrocool
Participante

resolver

Thank you for the reply. I suspected that this is what happened. I can understand the "how " and will try to remember 

karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @msmicrocool,

Unfortunately, that's the price of email tracking. HubSpot is tracking emails by embedding an invisible one-pixel image into the email message once it is sent. If the recipient has a very strict spam filter where they block any images or link tracking from loading in emails, your tracked email could be filtered as spam, see here.

In that case, there are some steps your contacts can take to improve delivery of your emails, for example moving the email out of spam or junk folder (in case they went through) or asking the contact to work with their IT team. Far from ideal since they require action from someone else.

The only alternative is send these emails as plain emails, as you already found out.

You might find other contacts with strict email policies by search for contacts with Email hard bounce reason is any of Policy.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.