Sales Email

CPep21

Email notifications being used up by sent emails

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm using the free version of HubSpot Sales Hub, which says it allows for 200 email open and click notifications a month.

However, it's using up my notifications based on emails sent. For example, I've sent 160 emails and had 23 total opens and it's saying I've used up 183 notifications out of 200 for the month. This seems really counterproductive and not true of the insights I thought I would be getting, as a means of testing out HubSpot.

Does anyone know if this should be happening or any solution to turning off notifications for emails sent, so that they don't use up valuble insights? 

Many Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CPep21,

That, unfortunately, seems to be expected behavior, as sent emails count towards activities. You'd have to upgrade to remove the limit of 200 notifications per month.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
CPep21

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

No. I'm refering to the emails I'm sending out and logging in HubSpot. These emails seem to being counted in with my notification allowance, which I don't believe it should be doing.

So, when I sent out 160 emails, it has given me 160 email sent notifications which has eaten into my 200 'open and click' notification allowance. Does that make sense?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CPep21,

That, unfortunately, seems to be expected behavior, as sent emails count towards activities. You'd have to upgrade to remove the limit of 200 notifications per month.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CPep21,

Are you referring to self-open notifications? You can block self-open email notifications by following these steps: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/block-self-open-notifications-with-the-hubspot-sales-ou...

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler