Sales Email

Eletreby

Email marketing to promotion folder

SOLVE

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with email marketing tool.

When I send bulk emails, go to Promotions tab and this decrease open rate.

Can you help me to solve this problem? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
andrus
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

This may be more about your email marketing practices and less about HubSpot's email marketing tool. Do your emails look like personal email or, well, promotions? How often are you sending emails? Have you done the correct technical setup (DKIM and SPF)? Is your email domain established and with a good reputation? There are many factors that influence whether emails get delivered into inboxes, promotion folders or junk folders. Hubspot has great content about email deliverability and I myself have written about the topic here .

Andrus Purde | Outfunnel - The easiest way to connect sales and marketing tools

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
andrus
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

This may be more about your email marketing practices and less about HubSpot's email marketing tool. Do your emails look like personal email or, well, promotions? How often are you sending emails? Have you done the correct technical setup (DKIM and SPF)? Is your email domain established and with a good reputation? There are many factors that influence whether emails get delivered into inboxes, promotion folders or junk folders. Hubspot has great content about email deliverability and I myself have written about the topic here .

Andrus Purde | Outfunnel - The easiest way to connect sales and marketing tools
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Eletreby 

This article explains why this is happening, it seems the Promotions tab is not the same as a spam folder. Even if Gmail puts your marketing emails into the Promotions tab of your recipients, Gmail users can still engage with your email. Engaged contacts can also configure their Gmail inbox to move your emails into their Primary inbox.

Your recipients can also add your email from address to their Google contacts to prevent emails sent using that address from ending up in the Promotions tab.

I hope this helps

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !