Sales Email

JBack

Email logging - trouble keeping email from specific domains creating Contacts and logging email

I'm a new user to HubSpot and I want to keep my company employees who may not be using HubSpot or general inter company email traffic from being logged in the CRM.

I have gone to Settings -> Activities -> Email logging and entered my domain, but users from that domain keep getting created.  

Any help on how to keep this from happening would be appreciated.  

The goal is to avoid having general company communication getting logged in the CRM.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Email logging - trouble keeping email from specific domains creating Contacts and logging email

Hi @JBack,

This all looks correct – do you have access to HubSpot technical support, are you on a paid subscription?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @JBack,

Could you share a screenshot of how you entered the emails/domains not to log? To never log emails sent to any recipients with a specific domain, enter the domain as *@domain.com (e.g., *@hubspot.com), see here.

Emails sent from a connected personal email with the HubSpot Sales extension to addresses or domains on this list should not create a new contact record. How are your emails being sent, using the extension?

If you've already double checked all of the above, this might be a bug. Hoping that you are on a paid subscription, I'd recommend reaching out to HubSpot technical support (purple help widget in-app) then.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JBack

Karsten - thanks for your reply.  Below is my Never Log list.  It has both the domain (@pureinsights.com) and individuals.  The frustrating thing is - Hubspot keeps creating new Contacts for company employees and logging internal emails.  Not sure what the solution is - but still looking for help.  Let me konw if it appears I have done something wrong.

JBack_0-1622729335493.png

0 Upvotes