Sales Email

ScottcNJ

Email logging settings

SOLVE

I just linked up my google email to hubspot and now every email I get is going into hubspot and adding a new contact. Is there a way to stop that? I want relevant emails but not everything. 

Is there a setting or something?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
elizheleva
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Email logging settings

SOLVE

Hi, @ScottcNJ ,

if you've linked the inbox, that is expected behaviour. What you could do is to unlink that and then install the Google Chrome extension. This way, at the point of sending an email, you can decide whether it should be logged or not, and with that if new contacts will be created from that.

I hope that helps,

Eli

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
elizheleva
Solution

Email logging settings

SOLVE

Hi, @ScottcNJ ,

if you've linked the inbox, that is expected behaviour. What you could do is to unlink that and then install the Google Chrome extension. This way, at the point of sending an email, you can decide whether it should be logged or not, and with that if new contacts will be created from that.

I hope that helps,

Eli

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.